UKC

Loose hold, crux of Sardine, Raven Tor, can anyone fix it?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 maybe_si 16 Mar 2016
The crux RH undercut on Sardine is about to fall off, very loose, it would be a shame if it gets pulled off. Does anyone have the glue/glue gun/experience to fix it? I would give it a go myself but may well end up making a grim mess!

Cheers

Simon
 Aly 16 Mar 2016
In reply to maybe_si:
That's the one on Sardine Easy Way, right?
I'd put this post on UKB, I suspect you'd have more luck there.
OP maybe_si 16 Mar 2016
In reply to Aly:

Done, cheers
 stp 17 Mar 2016
In reply to maybe_si:
You could just use araldite/epoxy glue if you can be bothered. The hold in Tom's Roof is held on with araldite and was glued decades ago so pretty good stuff. Alternatively use something like Sika which is also very strong.

However not sure how important that hold is anyway. Isn't the most straightforward sequence to go from the little RH pinch/layaway straight to the small LH flat undercut? That bypasses the RH undercut altogether I think.

The undercut is useful is linking In Brine into Sardine as I remember but hardly an important link up.

Also I wouldn't worry too much about making a mess. The shattered limestone isn't the most aesthetic of rock types so unless you're excessively careless it probably won't show. Put a bit more on than you need. Push the hold in place and wipe the excess off with an old towel.
Post edited at 17:12

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...