UKC

Not bad for his first route on grit! E8!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
markwynneuk 16 Mar 2016
I thought he might have tired after winning the cwif. Interesting and enjoyable write up.
http://seanmccoll.com/2016/03/gaia-e8-6c/
 Fraser 16 Mar 2016
In reply to markwynneuk:
8m tall - is that really correct? It's always looked a good bit taller than that in the videos I've seen.

Edit: okay, just scrolled down to see there's a video! That's more than 8m.
Post edited at 21:04
 1poundSOCKS 16 Mar 2016
In reply to markwynneuk:

I think Clif Bar will be reviewing their sponsorship of Sean when they see that run-out.
 planetmarshall 16 Mar 2016
In reply to markwynneuk:

> I thought he might have tired after winning the cwif. Interesting and enjoyable write up.

Anyone fancying the on-sight might want to skip the bullet points
 jsmcfarland 17 Mar 2016
In reply to 1poundSOCKS:

> I think Clif Bar will be reviewing their sponsorship of Sean when they see that run-out.

Spat out my coffee. Tongue-in-cheek comment of the year?
In reply to Fraser:

I just checked the BMC Guidebook and it suggests 20m, which sounds overly generous, but is probably about right.

It's quite deceptive actually, as the bottom/top are easy, so you cover the ground very quickly - hence lose track of how far you've actually travelled. I'd imagine it's around 8m of difficulties once you hit the groove.

All of this reminds me that I really need to go back and finish it off, it's so bloody good...but inconveniently difficult...and scary...

On second thoughts, I've remembered why I haven't been back to do it.

Andy Moles 17 Mar 2016
In reply to markwynneuk:

Interesting how the competition skills of focus and memorisation translate so well to a quick headpoint. I'm going to learn from that. Though it obviously also helps having more than a little spare power in the tank.
 krikoman 17 Mar 2016
In reply to markwynneuk:

Interesting comparison of moves with this video youtube.com/watch?v=0y_UFtElifA&

Somewhat long too

In reply to markwynneuk:
Nice video. He certainly flowed through the moves with grace and style.
Post edited at 11:04
In reply to planetmarshall:

> Anyone fancying the on-sight might want to skip the bullet points

Is there anyone left of the planet who's not seen a Gaia video. This is the ONLY reason why I cannot get an onsight. Well, that and my testicles are far too small.
 1poundSOCKS 17 Mar 2016
In reply to jsmcfarland:

Just realised I got some likes. I was feeling very unpopular for all the dislikes on the GB Team (*) thread.

(*) Pay your own bloody travel costs if you want to go climbing, the rest of us do. Bring on the dislikes again. :P
 Timmd 17 Mar 2016
In reply to 1poundSOCKS:
> I think Clif Bar will be reviewing their sponsorship of Sean when they see that run-out.

Reading that comment as it is written has made me wonder how it could tarnish a brand name if it sponsors somebody who does risky things; 'Cliff Bar sponsored climber falls to death - sales plummet as a result'? It's a head scratcher.
Post edited at 22:15
 1poundSOCKS 17 Mar 2016
In reply to Timmd:

If it's mainly climbers buying Clif Bars (which is probably doubtful), it'd hurt them more pulling sponsorship I reckon.
 Timmd 17 Mar 2016
In reply to 1poundSOCKS:
It's a funny old world. I'm guessing you were referring to Cliff Bar pulling the sponsorship on somebody who soloed something?
Post edited at 22:49
 1poundSOCKS 18 Mar 2016
In reply to Timmd:

Yep.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...