UKC

The most hated man in England

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Big Ger 17 Mar 2016

Must be Rob Tichener, surely?
Post edited at 05:15
 veteye 17 Mar 2016
In reply to Big Ger:

Supposed by social workers to be a realistic character,but I think that it is just whacky script writing. So I have stopped listening occasionally as I used to. There are better things to listen to such as Planet Rock or Radio 3, just to give a little spectrum.
 veteye 17 Mar 2016
In reply to Big Ger:

Ps I still sometimes ring my keen Archers supporter, friend at 7.05pm just to annoy him.
 summo 17 Mar 2016
In reply to veteye:
> Supposed by social workers to be a realistic character,but I think that it is just whacky script writing.

I think they are dragging it out now, I'm sure it does happen, but it's kind of become the key story line for too long.
Post edited at 08:15
OP Big Ger 17 Mar 2016
In reply to summo:

It's become something of a bone of contention on Archers social media.

Personally, I cannot wait for Adam to smack seven shades out of him.

It must happen!
OP Big Ger 17 Mar 2016
In reply to veteye:

> Ps I still sometimes ring my keen Archers supporter, friend at 7.05pm just to annoy him.

Man, that's asking for a leathering if ever you were.
 climbingpixie 17 Mar 2016
In reply to Big Ger:

It's surely reaching the end of the line now though. I'm not sure how much more I can listen to!
 DerwentDiluted 17 Mar 2016
In reply to Big Ger:

It's got to come to a head soon, all the murmurings are there and Kirstie, Tom, Adam et al are soon going to start doing a bit of conferring on their suspicions.

When it does go..

It'll be like Mt St. Helens
 Queenie 17 Mar 2016
In reply to climbingpixie:

Pretty sure it'll climax over Easter...bound to be messy.
 Tony the Blade 17 Mar 2016
In reply to Big Ger:

It's a cracking story, and one of the things I love about the Archers is the story lines are often played out in seemingly real time, however this is really starting to drag now.

He and Helen both need a slap (Metaphorically speaking obviously, I don't condone violence)
 Mike Highbury 17 Mar 2016
> It's surely reaching the end of the line now though. I'm not sure how much more I can listen to!

Helen and co are rolling into Woman's Hour (punishment yesterday for not being able to make sense of the radio in a hire car) after the bank hols so that may mean something.
OP Big Ger 17 Mar 2016
In reply to Big Ger:

It's still by far, for all it's faults, the best soap opera out.
 veteye 17 Mar 2016
In reply to Big Ger:

That's going a bit far. Mind you I don't like soap operas much anyway. I don't watch any of the TV ones, unless NCIS counts, and even that I haven't watched for about 6 months.

So how would a climber get their revenge on Rob?
Drag him into Lockwood's Chimney and take him off rope 1/3rd of the way through, on a day when it is has been siling it down for a week?
 lummox 17 Mar 2016
In reply to Big Ger:

Sorry- this is make believe- like everyone's favourite coke and hooker loving Chancellor's latest fairytale then ?
OP Big Ger 17 Mar 2016
In reply to lummox:

Oh god, keep it for the politics threads eh?
OP Big Ger 23 Mar 2016
In reply to Big Ger:

It's all getting a bit intense isn't it?

Mind you, I'm praying they send the brat off to private school, get shot of the little whiner.
In reply to Big Ger:

No. Even if we're talking about characters who only exist in a world of fantasy and make-believe, it's still George Osborne.

T.
 krikoman 23 Mar 2016
In reply to Queenie:

> Pretty sure it'll climax over Easter...bound to be messy.

a climax over Easter often is.
 wercat 24 Mar 2016
In reply to Big Ger:

Does anyone else imagine that Rob's father is kept mummified by Creepy Ursula in a rocking chair like Psycho?
 Queenie 24 Mar 2016
In reply to wercat:

No, but now you mention it...
 DerwentDiluted 24 Mar 2016
In reply to Big Ger:

It's starting....
 veteye 03 Apr 2016
In reply to DerwentDiluted:

Well it took a little longer...
I happened to be in my kitchen and the radio came on and there was a bit of real drama on the Archers...
 climbingpixie 03 Apr 2016
In reply to veteye:

Jesus christ! I need a cup of tea after that. More than I'd bargained for on a Sunday evening.
 veteye 03 Apr 2016

Yes Helen should just have a cup of tea whilst he exsanguinates.
 climbingpixie 03 Apr 2016
In reply to veteye:

Maybe a bit of that apple pie if it didn't get too burnt...
 veteye 03 Apr 2016

I did wonder whether to ring my friend who is very keen on the Archers, at the point where the melodrama was building up,but I might have been the one who ended up with a knife through my ribs. (Ironically I think that he is under the thumb/wary of his wife. :-} )

Of course now things can run and run, as it may be that the trait of being an abuser may be genetic..So the new baby in about 25 years time could be back abusing another cast member.
 Mike Highbury 03 Apr 2016
In reply to veteye: It was all a bit too Eastenders for me, I'm afraid.

veteye 03 Apr 2016
In reply to Mike Highbury:

I've never watched East Enders, but it was a bit much(I presume that is what you mean), but hopefully the Archers will be able to move on now(by the time I listen again in a week or two's time)
OP Big Ger 03 Apr 2016
In reply to Big Ger:

No spoilers!! I haven't downloaded the omnibus yet!!!!
 BrendanO 04 Apr 2016
In reply to Big Ger:
No Spoilers? Better keep yer radio/tv/phone/PC off today, and speak to no-one!
OP Big Ger 05 Apr 2016
In reply to Big Ger:

Will he return? Will Rob (Zombie) be wheeled out every time they need a pantomime villain?
 wercat 07 Apr 2016
In reply to Big Ger:
I'm hoping for a guest detective - surely John Nettles' territory?

Alternatively the baby may have secret markings on his scalp...
Post edited at 09:15
OP Big Ger 07 Apr 2016
In reply to wercat:

> Alternatively the baby may have secret markings on his scalp...

That's a given.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...