UKC

Chaosmosis

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 broken spectre 18 Mar 2016
The day has arrived and Primal Scream have released their latest offering - Chaosmosis

Apart from the first track Trippin' On Your Love which echoes the big sounds of Sreamadellica of years gone by and the highly polished and ethereal Where the Light Gets In (track 6) I'm left wondering if they're possibly past their best? I love how they're still experimenting with new genres and I guess they'd never have produced so many classics over the years without this brave approach however I reckon the bulk of this new album could be a damp squib
 tony 18 Mar 2016
In reply to broken spectre:

I must admit I was pretty unimpressed by More Light, and I'm in two minds about getting this new one. They're certainly past their best - XTRMNTR was about as good as it got.
 Dauphin 18 Mar 2016
In reply to broken spectre:

They've been dining out off 'Exile off Mainstreet' for twenty years. Read the interview with Gillespie in the Sun today, he sounds like a tired old hasbeen, no new ideas. What's weird about it was the Sun has sort of respectable music writing these days.

D
 aln 18 Mar 2016
In reply to tony:

>XTRMNTR was about as good as it got.

You're right about that, fantastic album. I haven't been fussed much about anything they've released since. Like the new single though.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...