UKC

Slab Cove Baggy approach

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Cheese Monkey 20 Mar 2016
Is this possible at high tide? Guidebooks say yes but not springs. The 'path' deposited us in a boulder choked small cove which was cut off from the proper cove 90min before a 8m (not spring I don't think) high. There looked like a way around over the top of the ridge that was cutting us off but it looked very sketchy. Considering how dodgy the first bit was we had had enough and went and did Kinkyboots
 JJL 20 Mar 2016
In reply to Cheese Monkey:

> Is this possible at high tide? Guidebooks say yes but not springs.
No, unless you come down the vertical grass at the head of the cove, which is a nightmare.

> The 'path' deposited us in a boulder choked small cove which was cut off from the proper cove 90min before a 8m (not spring I don't think) high. There looked like a way around over the top of the ridge that was cutting us off but it looked very sketchy. Considering how dodgy the first bit was we had had enough and went and did Kinkyboots

Sound plan. Best to leave an hour either side of high, or two if you want to do the original (Heart of the Sun), start.

Also check bird ban status on the BMC before climbing.
OP Cheese Monkey 20 Mar 2016
In reply to JJL:

Argh yes thanks I just have checked it on BMC and it is restricted! Just as well we didn't make it there. Not impressed with SW Climbs Vol 2 - says no restrictions and clearly states approachable at high tide. Were planning on Pink Void. The vertical grass is more vertical mud that I can see, looks pretty unstable

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...