UKC

Scottish Easter - Trad in the Rain :(

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ogreville 21 Mar 2016

My annual Easter Trad trip to Reiff, Skye and other areas in the north west of Scotland is now looking very unlikely due to the poor impending weather.

I need alternative suggestions people. What do others have planned for an easter weekend in Scotland?

Don't want to stay at home, can't afford abroad, Lakes/North will be packed. Where's the secret dry spots in Scotland?
Post edited at 15:24
 planetmarshall 21 Mar 2016
In reply to ogreville:

> Don't want to stay at home, can't afford abroad, Lakes/North will be packed. Where's the secret dry spots in Scotland?

Looks like there's a new coastal E8 crack line awaiting a second ascent.

OP ogreville 21 Mar 2016
In reply to planetmarshall:

> Looks like there's a new coastal E8 crack line awaiting a second ascent.

Yeah, I'll probably nip up that, but that'll only keep me occupied for an hour or so.
 d_b 21 Mar 2016
In reply to ogreville:

You'll have to do it in big boots if it's wet.
 skog 21 Mar 2016
In reply to ogreville:

Not-so-secret, often dry spot: the NE sea cliffs, for example, Logie Head at Cullen.

If the weather's coming in from the SW, W or S, that area is frequently in the rain shadow.
OP ogreville 21 Mar 2016
In reply to skog:

> Not-so-secret, often dry spot: the NE sea cliffs, for example, Logie Head at Cullen.

Thanks. Have pencilled in either North East or Aberdeen sea cliffs as a potential location, along with Pass of Ballater.

Wed/Thu/Fri will prob be OK, but it looks like Scotland will be one big rain cloud on Sat. Will prob have to be a pub day!

Tom Last 21 Mar 2016
In reply to ogreville:

The blokes in Northwest Outdoors in Ullapool (great shop by the way) said there's an ever-dry crag up that way, near Poolewe maybe? Sounded like it's probably because it's steep and double 'ard though. Still, might suit...?
 ashtond6 21 Mar 2016
In reply to ogreville:

Dumbarton

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...