UKC

Blue Tooth Headphones...... Any recommendations ???

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 sbc_10 25 Mar 2016

Hello there,

yes, thinking about some for running, strolls, audio books whilst in the tent etc..... do they do the job well ?
Any recommendations..... I was looking for some small, compact, portable types, not the two dustbin lids variety.

Thanks in advance.

Sbc.
Post edited at 09:00
 rockcatch 25 Mar 2016
In reply to sbc_10:

Got a pair of http://www.amazon.co.uk/Headphones-Innoo-Tech-Sweatproof-Cancelling/dp/B018... and they seem to be good. Battery life is good and the sound quality is fine too. The only problem is during vigorous exercise they may come loose, but for walking around they are fine so should be ok in a tent too.
 The Lemming 25 Mar 2016
In reply to sbc_10:
I have discovered that there are two options, which are bluetooth and kleer audio.

Bluetooth is lossy much like JPEGS and MP3, and unless your kit has the latest codec, which is usually pre-plumbed into your kit then you can not update to the latest codec's for the best sounding bluetooth.

Kleer is like bluetooth however it is lossless and uses less battery power to run it, or so the blurb says.

I was going to go down the road of bluetooth until I discovered that my phone does not have the latest codec's to get the full benefit so I go a wired pair of headphones..

A month ago I was round my parent's house and noticed that my dad was using a pair of wireless headphones to listen to the TV. Something to do with being deaf as a post and not wanting to blast my mom's ears while they watched telly. These headphones were awful with hissing and interference all over the place.

I did a bit of research for some wireless headphones and stumbled onto Kleer as an alternative to bluetooth. I took a punt and bought my dad some Sennheiser RS headphones. I have to say that the sound quality is exceptional with this setup. Crystal clear with no interference or hissing anywhere. The headphones were as good as my wired headphones.

I'd recommend a company that uses Kleer technology if you don't want to go down the bluetooth route.

https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-advantages-and-disadvantages-of-Kleer-wi...

Here's the headphones that I bought my dad.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-RS-160-Over-Ear-Headphones-black/dp/B002...
Post edited at 19:26
 Dave B 26 Mar 2016
In reply to sbc_10:

I bought cheap
Mpow swift. About £15. Good enough for the Money and what you are asking from them. Not great audio, but good enough to listen to while out and about.

Even cheaper as the as Aldi version at about £8.

Sometimes have difficulty connecting to my phone immediately, but I think it's as they are connected to my ipad as well. Sometimes need to turn them off and on and the Dame with the phone Bluetooth
Grim 26 Mar 2016
In reply to sbc_10:

Mpow Petrel. Great sound quality, connectivity and battery regularly stands up to 4 hour training sessions. And they must be sweatproof cos I didn't even know that ears perspired until I started using a turbo! They come with 3 sizes of buds and have rubber doojits to hold the speakers in your ears- which are a bit of a fiddle to set up but work fine once you find the sweet spot.
ultrabumbly 26 Mar 2016
In reply to sbc_10:

all the mpow ones are really uncomfortable to lie down, other than on your back, with in a tent (I have a couple of pairs of swift and cheetah). What I would reccomend for what you want to use them for is something like the Sony SBH20 or SBH52. They are bluetooth pods you can stick the regular 3.5 jack into.
 wilkesley 26 Mar 2016
In reply to sbc_10:
I got: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Aukey-Lightweight-Headphones-Hands-free-Smartphones... Have various fittings that help to top them falling out of your ears. Sound quality is fin for me, but I am not an audiophile.

Edit: They have the aptX codec if that matters to you.
Post edited at 10:14
ultrabumbly 26 Mar 2016
In reply to Dave B:

> Sometimes have difficulty connecting to my phone immediately, but I think it's as they are connected to my ipad as well. Sometimes need to turn them off and on and the Dame with the phone Bluetooth

Both my pairs of MPows do this. I find the quickest way to reconnect them is start up something that throws to them (eg MP3 app or Audible) and then switch off all bluetooth on the phone and tap it back on again from the pulldown screen. They then reconnect and stream within 3 sec and it is much easier than finding and pressing the button on the ear piece. Prior to doing this the headset will announce it is connected but it will only work for calls.

OP sbc_10 26 Mar 2016
In reply to wilkesley:

Thanks for the replies everybody. I will sort my way through them and make a purchasing decision. Have a good Easter break.
 Dave B 26 Mar 2016
In reply to ultrabumbly:

Ta!
 MtnGeekUK 27 Mar 2016
In reply to rockcatch:

Noticed in the reviews that loads have seemed to have got these for reduced price / free in exchange of their review. Any idea where / how?
 rockcatch 28 Mar 2016
In reply to MtnGeekUK:

> Noticed in the reviews that loads have seemed to have got these for reduced price / free in exchange of their review. Any idea where / how?

Afraid I don't know, however at under £10 for Bluetooth headphones on Amanzon (reduced from £35) they seem to be a good deal.
 neuromancer 28 Mar 2016
In reply to sbc_10:

Most of the sub 20 bluetooth chinese headphones have "free review" syndrome.

Another alternative would be a Sony MW1 or SBH20?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...