UKC

El Chorro - descent for Lluvia de Asteroides (or amptrax)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Juan S 28 Mar 2016
I did Lluvia de Asteroides last weekend and I think I got a bit lost of the way down.

I understand the best descent is towards the arab steps, which means you need to ascend before you descend. My question is: should you keep high and ascend all the way to the top of the ridge and descend along the ridge (the cairns suggest that would be the best way)? Or go down into the valley behind the climb, go up that valley and when you get to the top of the valley turn right and down towards the arab steps?

It might be they are both good options. Unsure as to whether to go high or low we ended up trying to stick to the middle, which I can confirm is not a good way to go.
 mcgovern 28 Mar 2016
In reply to Juan S:

Keep high on the ridge and go all the way to the top and then down the ridge from there. There's a faint track that you can follow and it gets bigger after the top of the ridge.
OP Juan S 28 Mar 2016
In reply to mcgovern:

Thanks mcgovern! Good to know for next time.
 Emilio Bachini 12 Apr 2016
In reply to Juan S:

I remember climbing it about a month after it was bolted (a few years ago now) and descending the opposite way (left if you were looking at Frontales head on) towards the railway and boulder cave. Interesting to hear it's different now.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...