UKC

NEWS: The Waterman 8B: First Ascent by Mikey Cleverdon

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 28 Mar 2016
Mikey on The Waterman 8B, 3 kbOn Monday 21st March, Mikey Cleverdon completed a long term project on The Wave boulder at Bonehill Rocks, which he has named The Waterman and graded 8B. The problem climbs Nazare and finishes in The Green Room, resulting in a fierce power endurance-based challenge.

Read more
 Tom Last 28 Mar 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Class Mikey! Cool video too
 Kafoozalem 28 Mar 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Awesome achievement Mikey. Really enjoyed the video - including the fails makes it so much more engaging
 Joe Costello 28 Mar 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Nice one Mikey!
 granticus 28 Mar 2016
Fast achieving, a deserved, hero status Mikey C! Without witnessing it, it maybe hard to conceptualise the amount of effort, 'skin tax'and perseverance put into achieving these problems. A pleasure and privilege to witness the crushing first hand. Allez l'especial!

teddy 28 Mar 2016
Great effort Mikey! Excellent vid as well that shows people where these problems go. BTW i don't think Waterman looks contrived, looks pretty logical to me

FrontsideMike 30 Mar 2016
None contrived. All the proper natural lines unique to this boulder. Skin tax loud and clear. Drop downs and foot cuts so sick! That one topout! All night footy! This is a great video, congratulations from California. I thought at 9 minutes it would be a drag but you guys killed it. Falls section could have been boring but sped up like this is perfect, shows the work. Is that gabbro?

bouldery bits 30 Mar 2016
In reply to FrontsideMike:

> Is that gabbro?

Nope - that's Dartmoor granite.
Worse than Gabbro in my view!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...