UKC

...and its goodbye from him

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Indy 31 Mar 2016
Ronnie Corbett has died at the age of 85.

Him and his other half were legends.
RIP
 mypyrex 31 Mar 2016
In reply to Indy:

Think I'll light four candles for him
RIP Ronnie
Jim C 31 Mar 2016
In reply to Indy:

Many happy family evenings spent in his company over the decades. Sad news .
 toad 31 Mar 2016
In reply to mypyrex:

I trust the grave diggers won't need forks, as they all need new handles
 krikoman 31 Mar 2016
In reply to Indy:

Sorry
 Hat Dude 31 Mar 2016
In reply to krikoman:

"Language Timothy"
 jon 31 Mar 2016
In reply to mypyrex:

> Think I'll light four candles for him

> RIP Ronnie

That's about your best ever, Pyrex!
 Trangia 31 Mar 2016
In reply to Indy:

A sad day

Some may have looked down on you, but I will always look up to you - a giant of British comedy
 wercat 31 Mar 2016
In reply to Indy:
Very nice tribute by Michael Palin on R4

I think one of my favourites apart from "The Worm That Turned" mini serial is the FUNEX SVFX FUNEM SVFXNM sketch.
Post edited at 13:42
 Big Ger 31 Mar 2016
In reply to Indy:

Sad news. Thanks for the laughs Ronnie.
In reply to Indy:

Yes a sad loss. One of the few showbiz personalities that I had any time for. A great entertainer in his day and genuinely nice guy. I had the pleasure of meeting him once, on a petrol forecourt in Gullane back in 1982.
 Dave Garnett 01 Apr 2016
In reply to wercat:

> I think one of my favourites apart from "The Worm That Turned" mini serial is the FUNEX SVFX FUNEM SVFXNM sketch.

A surprisingly useful code for texts. I introduced my teenage son to it and we often use it. He loves that his cool IT-savvy friends are utterly mystified!

I once enquired discreetly whether he was behaving himself at an (underage) party: FU+NEBR? To which he was able to reassure me: 9.
 BnB 01 Apr 2016
In reply to Indy:

Corbett was neighbour in my youth and we would often be entertained by the sight of a shimmering turquoise Rolls Royce apparently driving itself to and from the golf course. He really was that short of stature. But what a great entertainer. I loved his solo shaggy dog stories delivered from the armchair.
 wercat 01 Apr 2016
In reply to Dave Garnett:

Yes, once it's understood it's an excellent way of communicating! I just can't help picturing Ronnie Barker's face while doing it.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...