UKC

MIA Trainee free instructoin this weekend for multi-pitc

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 joedoherty 31 Mar 2016
Hi All,

If you want to get into Multi pitch climbing or roped scrambling I am offering to take two novices at a time on these dates;

2nd-3rd April

I am based in North Wales so would be looking to be going out in places like Ogwen and Snowdon area. Below is some clarification on what is involved with my training and insurance.

MIA Trainee - As an MIA trainee I do not , as yet, hold the Mountaineering instructor award which is the recognised training qualification for the instruction of scrambling and multi-pitch rock climbing in the UK. I've undergone the training course, but training for an award does not constitute a qualification.

Insurance - I do not hold insurance that allows me to receive payment or benefits in kind for instruction, but as a volunteer with membership of a mountaineering council of the UK or Eire I am insured for third party liability. These topics will need to be discussed in detail and agreed before an activity is conducted.
 mattck 31 Mar 2016
In reply to joedoherty:

If anyone's interested from the Peak/surrounding areas and can offer a lift I'd be more than up for this...
 Stephen3005 04 Apr 2016
In reply to joedoherty:

If this comes up again please let me know as I'm more than keen.

Cheers,
Stephen.
OP joedoherty 06 Apr 2016
In reply to Stephen3005:

Hi Steve,

I am currently free this Saturday if you want to go multi-pitch climbing at Tremadog. Give me a text on 07833569377 if you want to go do some climbing
 Stephen3005 08 Apr 2016
In reply to joedoherty:

agghhh I wish I checked this earlier... sorry pal I'm busy now. I'll txt you my number, please keep it and let me know if you ever want to get out.

Cheers.
 socrates2611 01 May 2016
In reply to joedoherty:

I know this is a long shot, but if you are still looking for people to take out in July ill be back in the UK then and very keen to get into multi pitch. Im mostly experienced in single pitch sport climbing but done a tiny bit of trad and am very keen to get into the latter, as well as multi pitch and actually mountaineering as a whole.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...