UKC

arghhh..... Leg Pump

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 JSH 01 Apr 2016
recently i have been experiencing leg pump on longer routes (30m+) in any particular style: wall, groove, slab etc. and it seams to be getting worse. i run daily and climb lots of slabs so im confused! i got more leg pump than are pump on left wall.

i there anything i can do to get rid of it!

thanks
 climbingpixie 01 Apr 2016
In reply to JSH:

What shoes are you wearing? My legs get much less tired when I'm wearing stiff shoes (Blancos) rather than soft shoes (Verdes).
OP JSH 01 Apr 2016
In reply to climbingpixie:

yea wearing fairly stiff shoes: anastazis(?)
 Mick Ward 01 Apr 2016
In reply to JSH:

Throw laps on Walsh's Groove - it's the most leg pumpy route I've ever done though there's a sneaky wheeze on the crux which instantly drops the leg pump to zero.

Mick
 ianstevens 02 Apr 2016
In reply to JSH:

Which part of your leg? The calf? If so, throw some calf raises into your training. Bascially stand on your toes, drop down, repeat. Do it on the edge of a stair for a bit more difficulty and a nice calf stretch if you drop your heels below your toes.
 angry pirate 02 Apr 2016
In reply to JSH:

If you're running daily, it could be that your legs are just tired. I get the same climbing on Wednesday after an hour on the cross trainer on Tuesday ( my running days are behind me thanks to arthritis)
Try a rest day before climbing and see if you spot a difference.
 top cat 03 Apr 2016
In reply to JSH:

Take up winter climbing : it trashes and/or builds up your legs like nothing else
OP JSH 04 Apr 2016
In reply to top cat:

i will take that into consideration!
 ashtond6 04 Apr 2016
In reply to JSH:

Warm up better is an option. Just get stood on your toes

Also standing on your heels where possible is extremely useful

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...