UKC

Anyone know if Masson Lees is dry at the moment?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 MNA123 01 Apr 2016
Masson Lees Quarry

Hi all,

As per the title, anyone been to Masson Lees recently and if so is it dry? Thinking of heading there Sunday afternoon.

Apologies in advance if I don't reply to anyone before the morning as I'm off to bed now.

Cheers.
 kedvenc72 02 Apr 2016
In reply to Adam Moroz:

Went there on Thursday. The side with the easier routes was dry and in good condition. The other side had quite a bit of run off. Some of the routes in the Hilti area might be dry enough.
 Gary Gibson 02 Apr 2016
In reply to Adam Moroz: leave it at least another month. It certainly won't be dry and anything that looks dry, even in early April, will be really damp. It is rarely dry before May and even then very unpleasant to climb.

two_tapirs 03 Apr 2016
In reply to Adam Moroz:

We were there on Good Friday, the easier section was very dry. I live far away from the Peaks, so I've no idea what the weather has been like since then
OP MNA123 03 Apr 2016
In reply to All: Thanks everyone for the replies, we ended up at stoney middleton and stoney West instead and based on my performance today Im glad masson isn't dry, I'd have got royally spanked on everything there! Need more rock time!

Pumbaa1987 06 Apr 2016
In reply to Adam Moroz:
Was the first wall on the right hand side as you walk in dry?
OP MNA123 07 Apr 2016
In reply to Pumbaa1987:

Do you mean where hilti sound system is?

Not a clue mate as I didn't go in the end, however after lobbing off the last move on 3 separate red points last year I will be back for another go this summer, awesome route.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...