UKC

El Realat / Castellets Ridge

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
hughsaints 05 Apr 2016
Hi has any one done the section of the ridge in the rock fax guide using only one car? What is the best way back to the car at the end? Is there a path? Or do u have to walk along the road, how long would that take? Cheers
 Mark Eddy 05 Apr 2016
In reply to hughsaints:

2 cars is by far the better option.
But if you have no choice it would be doable, but maybe cache some food and water near descent. Not sure if there's a path under the ridge, but if there is it will likely be rough, steep, loose, and spiky! Unless you do a recce beforehand i'd stick with the road walk back. It's long (a few km's, not sure exactly how many) and could easy take +1.5 / 2 hours.
If you're after a good quality ridge day and only have the 1 vehicle, have a look at some of these as alternatives, all apart from El Realet require only 1 vehicle: http://www.mountain-journeys.co.uk/ridge-traverses--easy-climbs.html

Hope that's of some help.
Mark
hughsaints 05 Apr 2016
In reply to A Mountain Journey:

Cheers apprecieated done most of the others. This is third time in cb mentioned every time doubt we will ever have 2 cars. Looking at walking down road / thumbing it good to know it is possible
 Sam Mayfield 11 Apr 2016
In reply to hughsaints:

A team from The Orange House attempted to do the whole Ridge in one go! Great article on here somewhere I will be back with a link when I find it!

They failed by the way but was a great few days for them!

Sam Orange

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...