UKC

Western cape

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Removed User 05 Apr 2016
Im planning a trip to the western cape. But the guidebooks arent helpful about when to go...say dec to march too hot, june to sept rain....so that seems to leave april/may or oct/ nov. Anyone have any experience of climbing there? Not keen on going april/ may as other venues in mind at that time of year. Thanks
 Ian Parsons 05 Apr 2016
In reply to Removed UserGRUMPY MONKEY:

I think there's just been some sort of invitation visit/meet there through most of March; you might get some feedback from it. I was there for three weeks in February 2003 and the climate seemed pretty good; perhaps a bit warm hiking up the hill to Wolfberg Cracks (I was never very good at getting up early to outflank the merciless sun, probably something to do with living in Britain) but nothing excessive.

Dave Garnett's probably your man.
 iamniccage 06 Apr 2016
In reply to Removed UserGRUMPY MONKEY:

I went to Rocklands last year and toured the western cape from July through August last year. Climbing was great. Rocklands/Clan william climate was cold mornings but warmed up. Nights can get very cold. had a few days of rain but generally just made them rest days. think in the 25 days were were there had 5 days with rain , but even then only 1 lasting all day.

ON the coast further south (garden route area), had a lot more rain but was told by locals it was unseasonally wet and cold then

Removed User 06 Apr 2016
In reply to iamniccage:

I dont really want to go anytime between may-Sept. Prefer to stay in uk during that period

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...