UKC

EU referendum cobblers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Bellie 06 Apr 2016
A leaflet came through the post today looking all the part to be a referendum information circular. 'The Facts' what followed was a series of negative bullet points - some seemingly dubious to me.

I thought it was a bit sneaky not having any kind of branding on it - purely to look like an official circular. Only in the small print on the back does it mention it was issued by Vote Leave.

A quick google led me to an Express article slagging the Stronger in Europe lot off for non branded mailings, but the clincher was...

A spokesman for the Brexit campaign group Leave.EU said the decision to bury all BSIE branding was "disingenuous" towards voters. He said: "It's a legal requirement and I think if it's not very visible, it's questionable. It should be there clearly so that everyone knows where the information is come from and who's accountable for that information."

Leave.EU prints its name and logo on all promotional material, he added. A spokesman for Vote Leave confirmed that its campaign also includes its name and logo on all leaflets and posters.

He said: "All the leaflets we've handed out so far have had quite clearly that they are from Vote Leave."

They have obviously had a change of heart!

CasWebb 06 Apr 2016
In reply to Bellie:

Just had the same leaflet and thought exactly the same. Very questionable that they hid the source of the leaflet in the very small print at the end.
KevinD 06 Apr 2016
In reply to CasWebb:

I got a copy but hadnt been arsed to read it yet. Concluded whichever side it was from if it was called "The Facts" it would be untrustworthy as hell.
 CasWebb 06 Apr 2016
In reply to KevinD:

And it was. The only true(ish) 'fact' was the one that says "There are risks in voting either way"
 birdie num num 06 Apr 2016
In reply to Bellie:

Normally you can still make your own mind up regardless of leaflets.
I wish leaflets were more absorbent.
 Indy 06 Apr 2016
In reply to Bellie:

Yup, got that leaflet on Monday...... its interesting that the overwhelming amount of EU referendum 'literature' we've received so far has been for Brexit i.e 5:1

Friend says he got one entitled "What would the Bible say" eeeeeeek!
 JEF 06 Apr 2016
In reply to Bellie:

Why not just make up your own mind regardless of what gets pushed through the door.
Bellie 06 Apr 2016
In reply to MaxJEF:

You've missed the point - but not to worry.

The New NickB 06 Apr 2016
In reply to Bellie:

Just to confuse things, Vote Leave and Leave EU are two rival organisations supporting the leave campaign. It maybe that Leave EU have been consistent, although consistently wrong in my view
Bellie 06 Apr 2016
In reply to The New NickB:

Even more confusing when you visit the electoral commission website to look at the do's and don'ts in referendum campaigning... it says the document is currently in development and will be available soon. So anything goes right now - apparently.
KevinD 06 Apr 2016
In reply to Indy:

> Friend says he got one entitled "What would the Bible say" eeeeeeek!

That has me curious. Hope that is on the van waiting to be delivered since it sounds entertaining.
So far just a single leaflet. As far as I know nobody has been canvassing either.
Jim C 06 Apr 2016
In reply to Bellie:

I wonder why David Cameron did not sign the Remain leaflet .( cost 7 million- not including the online canvassing )

Was it because , he thinks his endorsement may not be to the benefit of the Remain cause?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...