UKC

Using a Suunto Ambit 2 GPS watch with a tablet

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Marq 06 Apr 2016
I have a Suunto Ambit 2 Sapphire GPS watch that I enjoy using and currently upload the activities to the Movescount website using my laptop and the USB cable that comes with the watch.

I plan to go travelling and intend to be recording a bunch of the activities that I'll be doing. Rather than lugging a laptop around with me I was thinking of getting a tablet with a USB port in order to save and upload the activities.

However, I wasn't sure if the tablets would work with the Moveslink software that I need on my laptop.

I asked Suunto customer support and their wonderful answer was buy a new watch with bluetooth connectivity!

So I was wondering if anyone has experience of this usecase and can recommend or otherwise a tablet for me to purchase.

Thanks in advance.
Marq
 heghedush 08 Apr 2016
In reply to Marq:

Doesn't work I'm afraid.
However I was gone for 2 weeks at one point and used the watch daily and had no issues with syncing my activities when I came back, none were lost.
 DaveHK 08 Apr 2016
In reply to Marq:

It certainly doesn't work with an Ambit 3 Peak. Pain in the arse I think given that there is an android phone app.
In reply to Marq:

I think you'd need some sort of Windows tablet with a USB port which can run the desktop software. FWIW I can sync my Ambit 3 Peak over bluetooth using the MovesCount app on my iPhone or iPad.
 jsmcfarland 08 Apr 2016
In reply to Marq:

A tablet running windows 10 would be the most likely to work in your situation. FYI Linx1010 is really good (about 130 quid or so?). Just bought one and it's awesome.

The only hiccup is whether the software is compatible with windows 10, I imagine it is

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...