UKC

Most objective source of statistics about EU migration?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tall Clare 07 Apr 2016
Hello all,

Can anyone suggest an objective source of statistics about EU migration? I have to write an article for some EU bods on the subject...

Many thanks in advance.
 Armadillo 07 Apr 2016
In reply to Tall Clare:

There are some ESRC Evidence Briefings that cover migration/immigration. I haven't read them, but they may well contain or refer to relevant stats. Given the source, one would hope they are verifiable and objective.

http://www.esrc.ac.uk/news-events-and-publications/evidence-briefings/?cont...

iksander 07 Apr 2016
In reply to Tall Clare:

Daily Mail?
 MikeSP 07 Apr 2016
In reply to Tall Clare:

More or less on radio 4 did a piece about it last week, could be worth listening to that.
 Martin Hore 07 Apr 2016
In reply to iksander:

> Daily Mail?

Damn - you got there before me!

Not much help to Clare though I expect.

Clare, Sorry I can't help, but I'd be very interested in what you come up with if it's not private/confidential (I appreciate it might be). Seems to me there's a lot of misinformation out there.

Martin

Ridge 07 Apr 2016
In reply to Martin Hore:

> Damn - you got there before me!

> Not much help to Clare though I expect.

> Clare, Sorry I can't help, but I'd be very interested in what you come up with if it's not private/confidential (I appreciate it might be). Seems to me there's a lot of misinformation out there.

> Martin

+1

It's hard to find a source, (on anything regarding the EU), that hasn't been produced by someone who want's to apply some spin one way or another.
 RomTheBear 07 Apr 2016
In reply to Tall Clare:

http://www.migrationobservatory.ox.ac.uk/ lots and lots of summaries/ briefing/ charts, with well referenced sources.
 Big Ger 07 Apr 2016
In reply to iksander:

> Daily Mail?

only if taken with the Grauniad.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...