UKC

FS: Selling my campervan Leyland DAF 400

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 Dan76 09 Apr 2016
premier post photo
Price: £1200
1990 British Leyland Daf 400 2.5 turbo diesel camper van

For sale is my Leyland Daf 400 homebuilt camper which has done me proud over the last two years. The van has a 2.5 litre turbo engine which pulls very well for the weight of the van and it sits very nicely at around 50/55mph.

I have driven this van to Italy and back (2700 miles) and have done two trips to France which were around 800 miles each and the van never caused me any problems and ran like a dream. The clutch cable snapping on me is the only mechanical issue I've had, this was easily replaced with a new one!

It is a very comfortable van to be in especially in winter as the wood burning stove keeps everything nice and toasty, there is an oven, grill and two burner hob all run by a gas bottle. It has a huge amount of storage space above the cab and below the two sofa's so you will never be short of storage. There is a leisure battery which has a main battery cut off so you can be sure you'll never drain the main battery down, there are four good internal lights so you have plenty of light at night. The van comes with m.o.t until 20th August 2016 and is in good condition, there are a few rusty spots and the one rear door has a rusty area that could do with looking at but nothing that can't be easily sorted and nothing that is integral to the vans structure which is completely sound, when i last had it m.o.t'd the mechanic said the underneath of the van was mint. The gearbox has been making a sound now for over a year which hasn't got any worse and i am not to worried about but would absolutely recommend a viewing of this van and a test drive.

Bad points:

Lighter socket not working,
Rear internal light needs new switch soldering in,
Rear door needs looking at,
Offside wheel arch will probably need a spot of welding for the next m.o.t.

This van definitely deserves a view and a test drive so please get in contact and come and have a look.
£1200 ovno
Tel: 07904 411278
OP Dan76 11 Apr 2016
Van has now sold

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...