UKC

Summer Climbing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 PeteDP 10 Apr 2016
Hey guys, coming to that time of year again to work out where to visit in the summer with a foreign twist. Looking for bouldering or sport climbing from super beginner to mid high 7s, single pitch, multipitch, anything goes really apart from traditional climbing. Last year I visited Asturias near the picos de europa and thought it an amazing summer destination with perfect weather and unpolished routes. Anybody got any favourite areas for summer climbing in europe?

Cheers
In reply to PeteDP:

I am a tad biased as I live here but the durance side of the Ecrins near briancon, it's a great venue for what your after over 3300 routes in the new sports guidebook, and lots of venues that aren't in it, four rock types, including granit, limestone, conglomerate and quartzite, there are grades for everyone up to 9a, single and multi pitch, as well as the sports guidebook there is the big wall book, so routes up to 650 meter 22 pitches, some trad but mainly fully bolted,

Some Great Lakes to swim in or via ferratas for rest days, and we get most of our weather from the med so normally very stable, briancon boast 300 days of sun shine a year, I think it a bit over but still very good.

Most people will of heard of Ailefroide but there is so much more here to.
you do need a car if you want to get round all the venues, but well worth it,

if you would like any more info feel free to drop me a line rob@dream-trails.com

Cheers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...