UKC

Finale Ligure, DWS nearby?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Neil 11 Apr 2016
I'm heading to Finale Ligure in mid-July for a family holiday (with 1,3,8 year olds and non-climbing/belaying wife). I'm thinking about places to go for a bit of DWS that have a nice beach nearby for the children. Ideally a nice craggy headland next to a perfect, not-too-crowded beach. I don't ask for much. Any ideas/experience? We're not likely to have a car if that makes a difference.
I understand that most of the climbing is up the valley (inland) but have seen DWS mentioned in a few places.

Thanks
Neil
 ThomSank 12 Apr 2016
In reply to Neil:

No real DWS in that area. There is supposed to be a 1500m dws traverse at Capo Noli but it's 7b, probably hard to find your way and many parts with non safe falls. Here's a video of Mauro Calibani establishing a hardcore DWS route in that area vimeo.com/112035671

I'm also sorry to tell you that in July there won't be any not-too-crowded beaches near Finale.

With a car you could go to Varazze, the largest bouder area there is next to a river with water pools and natural slides, certainly a nice place to bring your kids.

But there is some climbing in walking distance if you're living in Finale, check out the small but nice Paretina di Finalborgo, which will be in the shade until midday.
 DWS gibraltar 12 Apr 2016
In reply to ThomSank:

wow a 1500m 7b trav that's massive!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...