UKC

Tignes Le Lac - Summer

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 plyometrics 12 Apr 2016

Considering Tignes (Le Lac) for a week in the summer for running and swimming reasons.

Never been to Tignes before and wondered what the 'village' (I know it's a concrete jungle) of Le Lac is like for cafes, restaurants, bars, bakeries, supermarkets etc.

Appreciate it's not big, and we're not expecting a Chamonix style offering, but the big question is: Will it be frustrating being there a week and only having limited choices beyond the hotel?

Been to plenty of places in the alps, so not after myriad alternative destinations, just want feedback specifically about Tignes, if possible!

Thanks in advance.
Post edited at 09:31
 BnB 12 Apr 2016
In reply to plyometrics:

Tignes le Lac is pretty much a desert for nightlife. At least by ski resort standards. There's a pelasant cocktail bar at one end of town and a grungy bar Form(?) by the drag lift and that's it for bars. Neighbouring Val Claret, also part of the Tigne complex, is much nicer, and has the better restaurants/bars and a nightclub. I wouldn't stay in Tignes le Lac again, Val Claret on the other hand, definitely..
OP plyometrics 12 Apr 2016
In reply to BnB:

Cracking. Excellent beta. Much appreciated. Will check out Tignes Val Claret.
 Mike-W-99 12 Apr 2016
In reply to plyometrics:

When are you going? Been once in summer and it was just before they started re-opening things after the winter break and thus a bit of a desert.
Remember there being a good bakery and decent restaurant. Slightly more open in val claret.
OP plyometrics 12 Apr 2016
In reply to Mike-W-99:

First week in July, so hopefully it will all be up and running ok. Good point though.
 marsbar 12 Apr 2016
In reply to plyometrics:

I dont know if the resort loop bus runs in summer, if it does then if doesn't matter which bit of Tignes you stay in. Even if not it is walkable I think.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...