UKC

books

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 koolkat 12 Apr 2016
well we thought extreme rock , true 1st edition touching the void were valuable books some one please explain this 1

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/1594859477/ref=tmm_hrd_used_olp_sr...

ps I have a copy read but very clean and dare I say like new if you want to make a silly offer
:-O
jedicolin 13 Apr 2016
In reply to koolkat:

Good God, you can buy a car with that money!

Surely it has to be a mistake.
 tspoon1981 13 Apr 2016
In reply to koolkat:

Amazon isn't always the best place to price books. I recently rebought a mint condition hardback copy of this book for £6 online.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/ol/B00E31S6TE/ref=mw_dp_primenote_olp?ie=UTF8...
OP koolkat 14 Apr 2016
In reply to koolkat:

it is very odd ive tried searching and cant find a hardback copy out there only paperbacks
 Andy Johnson 14 Apr 2016
In reply to koolkat:

Large sellers on Amazon usually use software that manages their sales and inventory, and which interfaces directly with Amazon's platform. This software monitors prices on the site and adjusts the seller's prices to maximise return. These insane prices, like the Messner book, happen when two or more seller's systems get into a high-speed price war and start automatically bidding each other up.

For an extreme example, google "$23.6 Million Dollar Book".

Andy
 Jim Walton 14 Apr 2016
In reply to koolkat:

Often when amazon sellers are running low on particular items or have sold out then they will put a "silly" price on the item to stop people buying it. This is because it is quite a hassle listing an item again as opposed to just adjusting the price.
 d_b 17 Apr 2016
In reply to koolkat:

Seller is simply relying on the fact that there is one born every minute. If someone actually does pay a grand for one of the "rare" books they list then they just have to pop down to the charity shop, buy a copy for 20p and post it.

Listing the same book twice with a ridiculous price and a merely high one is another common tactic for convincing the mark that they got a good deal.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...