UKC

Yorkshire Multipitch?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Anyone got any ideas for some decent quality multipitch in Yorkshire? Climbing around E1 and 6c at the moment
 snoop6060 12 Apr 2016
In reply to adamyounghusband:
North west girdle of course. Youre never too far away from the floor in case you need someone to lob you your butties or a joint.
Post edited at 20:30
 Jon Stewart 12 Apr 2016

Not really the multipitch capital of the UK - if you want proper multipitch routes go to the Lakes or N Wales. I'm sure there are a few routes with two pitches e.g. at Malham or girdle traverses (e.g. the Armscliffe one), but is belaying really that fun? It doesn't make the crag any bigger!
 Maxey56 12 Apr 2016

A climb- Ilkley!
 Mick Ward 12 Apr 2016

Carnage Left-Hand.

Mick
 Nez 12 Apr 2016

cabaret at gordale scar is a classic
Moonwalk at Langcliffe Quarry. 3 pitches with1& 3 @ 6b+, 90 metres.

Don't know about quality.
Post edited at 21:52
 Mark Collins 12 Apr 2016
In reply to Mick Ward:

> Carnage Left-Hand.

> Mick

That's what instantly sprang to my mind as well, could be bird banned though. Probably worth the OP checking first.
 Rob Kelly 12 Apr 2016
In reply to Maxey56:

> A climb- Ilkley!

Not really a true multi pitch and normally covered in bird shite.

BnB 13 Apr 2016

Ordinary Route on Mystery Buttress at Widdop can be split into as many as 5 (but normally 2) pitches. It's far from ordinary and a must for all students of the classic VDiffs

At the the same buttress The Three Cs route gives two stances in addition to the top belay and is a trademark Yorkshire VS. Bold as brass.
 climbingpixie 13 Apr 2016
In reply to Mark Collins:

Not bird banned at the moment, the peregrines are nesting on the left hand side so they've shifted the ban this year. I did it at the weekend with no grief from twitchers

https://www.thebmc.co.uk/modules/RAD/ViewCrag.aspx?id=264
 Andrew Wilson 13 Apr 2016
The Diedre (E2 5b) at Kilnsey.

Should be fine at the standard you are climbing.
May also be wet.

Andy
Post edited at 09:48
 1poundSOCKS 13 Apr 2016
In reply to climbingpixie:

> the peregrines are nesting on the left hand side so they've shifted the ban this year

Didn't realise that, I thought climbers were ignoring the ban. I wish the peregrines would do this every year...
 mark catcher 13 Apr 2016
In reply to Christheclimber: Pretty sure this will be bird banned till June. Personally, I found it didn't live up to it's 3 star reputation. At all

Whitestonecliffe is surely your best bet.
 Simon Caldwell 13 Apr 2016
In reply to Rylstone_Cowboy:

Except the only two multi pitch routes are VDiff and E2 5c A1 (or HXS 6b free, awaiting a 2nd ascent I think!)

There are three girdle traverses at Peak Scar, HS and two VSs, I've done 1 1/2 of them and they're great if you like that sort of thing!
 Mike Conlon 13 Apr 2016
In reply to Simon Caldwell:
> (In reply to Gerry_Doncaster)
>
> Except the only two multi pitch routes are VDiff and E2 5c A1 (or HXS 6b free, awaiting a 2nd ascent I think!)
>
> There are three girdle traverses at Peak Scar, HS and two VSs, I've done 1 1/2 of them and they're great if you like that sort of thing!

The Leash Vs 4c ?
 climbingpixie 13 Apr 2016
In reply to 1poundSOCKS:

Ha! I suspect if we had been flouting it (which I obviously wouldn't) we'd have had the RSPB on our backs pretty sharpish. They've called the police out in the past when people have been climbing in the banned areas.

We did get a cracking view of one of the peregrines sitting on a tree not far from the Carnage cave while we were at the below below the top pitch
 sammy5000 13 Apr 2016

Carnage left hand of coarse want to make it a little longer. Start up wombat then go left to belay on Scorpio ledge. Kirkby wall. the cavern all at Malham. Caberet. Light and to be honest if your leading good e1 have a whirl at face route bottom pitch e2 ish second pitch one move wonder with great gear. Diedre kilnsey a lot better than it looks. To be honest that's about it for quality at that grade
 jon_gill1 13 Apr 2016
In reply to sammy5000:

Isn't face route hard E3?
 Simon Caldwell 14 Apr 2016
In reply to Mike Conlon:

> The Leash Vs 4c ?

Forgot about that one!
 Mike Conlon 14 Apr 2016
In reply to Simon Caldwell: Having spent twenty or so minutes teetering on a shaley sloping excuse for a ledge, while trying to keep weight off some ancient rusting pegs, apparently pushed into some choss, I shall never forget it !
 Dave Musgrove 14 Apr 2016
In reply to sammy5000:

You might as well go for the full right-wing Girdle at Malham. Not too hard if you use the peg for aid on East Wall Route.
The left wing Girdle of Gordale is also much better than it looks and a real multi-pitch 'experience' without being highly technical.
 sammy5000 15 Apr 2016
In reply to
One hard move rest is steady e2 I would say. And on the hard bit gear is right next to you

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...