UKC

Climbing physio recommendations in London

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Gear Lover 13 Apr 2016
Hello,

Does anyone have good recommendations for a physio experienced in climbing injuries based in London?

I took up climbing about 18 months ago, and have been struggling with a muscular imbalance issue around my upper my shoulders and neck recently. I have been seeing my regular physio for a while but things haven't changed too much.

Thanks for any tips.
Pulkit
 Mr. Lee 13 Apr 2016
In reply to Gear Lover:

Cristiano Costa is excellent. He's a climber and excellent with climbing injuries. I saw him re various back, neck and shoulder muscle problems and he really set me on the right track with these. No similar problems in recent years after changing a few things subsequently. He used to have an evening clinic in Westway, although I moved away from London a couple of years ago might be out of touch. Contact details are here anyway:

https://www.facebook.com/westwayclimbing/posts/400904979945198
 Ian Bell 13 Apr 2016
In reply to Mr. Lee:

I would give another recommendation for Cris. I've seen him for various injuries and he knows his stuff, nice guy as well. He's stopped practicing from the Westway, works out of Soho now.
 SenzuBean 13 Apr 2016
In reply to Gear Lover:
This guy has been recommended to me, but I've no personal experience: http://www.dtphysiotherapy.co.uk/

He's also a climber/mountaineer.
Post edited at 15:25
OP Gear Lover 13 Apr 2016
In reply to Mr. Lee:

Thanks Lee and Ian for the Cris recommendation. Will definitely consider him.
OP Gear Lover 13 Apr 2016
In reply to SenzuBean:

Thanks for this - will check out and see if i can get any references.
 tom 13 Apr 2016
In reply to Gear Lover:

Sarah (climber's clinic) at the Castle climbing centre is great. I have had success recently on a number of historic injuries.
 Pete Dangerous 13 Apr 2016
In reply to Gear Lover:

Cristiano is really good. I've been to him twice and he knows his stuff!
OP Gear Lover 14 Apr 2016
In reply to Gear Lover:

Thanks all for the recs. Looks like we have a real winner in Cris.
 Šljiva 14 Apr 2016
In reply to Gear Lover: We do!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...