UKC

Neck Injury

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
pat 2679 15 Apr 2016
Just wondering if anyone has experienced the same symptoms, when I was climbing I found I was getting pumped very quickly even when on easy climbs.

A pain in my left hand and wrist which would also be proceeded by headaches following a visit to the crag or wall.
I decided to have had a MRI scan and it shows no disc rupture just waiting full analysis from the scan.
Pre scan I have been getting physio put it seems to be taking forever to heal, my physio thinks that due to congested muscles in the shoulder and neck area are causing the problem with the possibility of a pinched nerve.

Anyone had the same problem and if so what did you do to resolve, any feedback greatly appreciated.
 pec 15 Apr 2016
In reply to pat 2679:

I've had similar problems on and off for years, a combination of quite a physical job plus spending all my spare time doing DIY or climbing.
Lots of regular neck and upper back stretches and making a big effort to adpot a better posture help, especially whilst driving, sitting at the computer etc.
Also upper back/neck massages help and occassional visits to an osteopath when it gets to bad to manage.
Finally I sometimes run a warm (not hot) hot water bottle and lie on it when I first get into bed to relax the muscles.
pat 2679 16 Apr 2016
In reply to pec:

Thanks for the advice.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...