UKC

Kalymnos ferry

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Flamingsarah 17 Apr 2016

Hi, just back from kaly and wanting to book again for October half term 😀. We have fathomed out that we can fly to kos from Glasgow Saturday and return same day, it will not arrive at kos until around 2050ish. I'm just wanting to check up to date information- will the ferries run until that time to get us to pothia?
Post edited at 19:06
In reply to Flamingsarah:

Current last ferry is 11.45 or it was last week. Not sure timetable for October is available yet but keep trying climbkalymnos.com website. Current timetable is available there.

Dandan 17 Apr 2016

Thy do tend to wait for the last flight to come in (makes sound business sense) so you should be ok.
Keep an eye on the timetables for October as and when they appear I suppose.
 Babika 17 Apr 2016

We're supposed to be getting into Kos airport at 21.30 on a Saturday in October (Easyjet from Gatwick) but have been assured by the apartment owner that the ferry will wait for us even that late in the evening/night.

Given that the flight will have at least 20 climbers on that I know (maybe a lot more) I think there may be a bit of grumpiness if it doesn't wait!
OP Flamingsarah 17 Apr 2016
In reply to Babika:

Hi all, that sounds very promising, if they wait for flights coming in at 21.30 sure they'll wait for an earlier flight, otherwise there'll be more grumpiness! Many thanks, can't wait already.
 climbingpixie 17 Apr 2016

I got that flight last year and was in plenty of time for the last ferry. In fact, if I'd got a bit of a wiggle on I might have made the ferry before it, which left just after I arrived at the dock. I ended up having time for a beer and a pizza while I waited for the next one.

The Gatwick flight was late in that evening and the ferry waited for them so chill out and don't worry.
 DrIan 21 Apr 2016
In reply to Babika:

Given the rising prices of the Saturday Gatwick - Kos Easyjet flights in Oct I suspect most of the plane will be climbers, and the hold will be full of bags dead on 20kg

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...