UKC

In or Out?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Trangia 20 Apr 2016
Should the Earth leave the Universe or stay in?

Discuss the pros and cons.
 wbo 20 Apr 2016
In reply to Trangia: Wht does Bernie Ecclestone say? Whatever, do the opposite

Big Ger 20 Apr 2016
In reply to Trangia:

Shake it all about?
OP Trangia 20 Apr 2016
In reply to wbo:

> Wht does Bernie Ecclestone say? Whatever, do the opposite

Oh I don't know. Manoeuvring the Earth out of orbit will not require much strength and I'm sure women could assist.
 wercat 20 Apr 2016
In reply to Trangia:

Klaatu barada nikto
 winhill 20 Apr 2016
In reply to Trangia:

Which Universe?
OP Trangia 20 Apr 2016
In reply to winhill:

Ours. Maybe it should be done in stages starting with our Solar System?
 pec 20 Apr 2016
In reply to Trangia:

Shouldn't we see if we can achieve meaningful reform of the universe first and then hold a referendum?
 winhill 20 Apr 2016
In reply to Trangia:

> Ours. Maybe it should be done in stages starting with our Solar System?

What? And give up sovereignty to those faceless and profligate bureaucrats in Copenhagen?

https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg22329880-400-multiverse-me-should-i-...
 Jon Stewart 20 Apr 2016
In reply to Trangia:

Leave. I am sick and tired of our laws being made by some faceless central bureaucracy. What do we actually get out general relativity and quantum mechanics? It's all very well if you're a supermassive star aspiring to supernova, but what are the benefits for Earth? And the amount of energy that we radiate out into the universe while all we get in return is cosmic rays that cause cancer and the odd meteorite that wipes out the entire biosphere - why should we put up with that?
OP Trangia 20 Apr 2016
In reply to Jon Stewart:

Best and most thoughtful analysis I've read so far.

I decided to vote leave, or maybe stay in.
 snoop6060 20 Apr 2016
In reply to Trangia:

Stay in or risk ending up like pluto. It's not even a real planet anymore, just a f*cking dwarf unable to negotiate objects in its path. Has absolutely no influence whatsoever.
 bouldery bits 20 Apr 2016
In reply to Trangia:

Frankly I'm fed up of the whole dimension. I think we should go back to being just 2D and move only on a single plane.
 Rob Exile Ward 20 Apr 2016
In reply to Trangia:

Once we leave we will be free to make our own laws, and everyone around us will be only too grateful to join us. Just watch and see.

Or maybe they won't. Oops.
 Dr.S at work 20 Apr 2016
In reply to bouldery bits:

> Frankly I'm fed up of the whole dimension. I think we should go back to being just 2D and move only on a single plane.

Circle, is that you?
 Wsdconst 20 Apr 2016
In reply to Trangia:

Obviously it makes sense to leave, look at the immigration problems we've had over the last few years, mork, e.t,f##king Alf , all those on men in black plus Donald trump and lady gaga, we need to get out now.
 d_b 21 Apr 2016
In reply to Trangia:
I always did think that quantum mechanics was a bit of a wishy washy liberal approach to dealing with particles. Put them in a potential well and they start wringing their hands and bleating about "confinement".
Post edited at 09:50

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...