UKC

Bernie Ecclestone

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 GravitySucks 20 Apr 2016
Bernie Ecclestone ...

Female drivers would "not be taken seriously" in Formula 1

Female drivers "Not physically" able to drive a car fast.

Vladimir Putin "should be running Europe"

"Immigrants have not made a contribution to the United Kingdom."

Adolf Hitler was a man "who was able to get things done".

Cant understand why his career in the diplomatic corps never progressed ;-(
 Greenbanks 20 Apr 2016
In reply to GravitySucks:
Ecclestone is an oligarch. What I can't understand is how one rather unpleasant man (like Blatter I suppose) can actually 'own' a sport (if that's what you call F1)
Post edited at 09:37
cb294 20 Apr 2016

Ecclestone is convicted criminal who paid one hundred million Euros as a fine to avoid going to prison in Germany. The more quickly F1 disappears the better,

CB
In reply to Greenbanks:

> Ecclestone is an oligarch. What I can't understand is how one rather unpleasant man (like Blatter I suppose) can actually 'own' a sport (if that's what you call F1)

There are only two sports left: bullfighting and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games ...
Parrys_apprentice 20 Apr 2016

> Female drivers would "not be taken seriously" in Formula 1

> Female drivers "Not physically" able to drive a car fast.

Strangely, he also says the cars are too easy to drive now, which I would imagine rules out the assertion that female drivers would find it too difficult.

He also complains there's too many aids and other things going on in the cockpit, which I suggest means that the multi-tasking female should thrive in F1.

And there's no need to reverse park, so no problem.
 DerwentDiluted 20 Apr 2016
Disappointed.

From the thread title I thought the 2016 aged celebrity cull was progressing in a favourable direction.
Post edited at 11:39
OP GravitySucks 20 Apr 2016
In reply to DerwentDiluted:

I hope I didn't disappoint you I was merely pointing out what a charming fellow the leader of the free world, er I mean F1, was thinking. The sport that seems to be flourishing in dictatorships around the world is also boring the pants off everyone else. When it leaves terrestrial television in a couple of years the bbc should have a bit more cash to actually televise something a bit more interesting.
 MonkeyPuzzle 20 Apr 2016

They should bring back Kick Start and Junior Kick Start. Now *that* was motor sport!
 routrax 20 Apr 2016
In reply to DerwentDiluted:

It might have already happened and this is just another weekend at Bernies.

Whilst I'm not denying Ecclestone is odious, do you have a reference for those comments...?
 Martin W 20 Apr 2016

> When it leaves terrestrial television in a couple of years the bbc should have a bit more cash to actually televise something a bit more interesting.

The BBC gave up its F1 coverage at the end of last year - three years before its contract was due to end. Channel 4 does the UK terrestrial coverage now.
KevinD 20 Apr 2016
In reply to Greenbanks:

> What I can't understand is how one rather unpleasant man (like Blatter I suppose) can actually 'own' a sport (if that's what you call F1)

I think way back when he was kind enough to look after the boring parts of the sport to allow the teams to get on with the fun bits. Over time they then realised that he owned it.
OP GravitySucks 20 Apr 2016
In reply to captain paranoia:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/36086363

whoops ... just to late !
Post edited at 13:34
 winhill 20 Apr 2016
In reply to Parrys_apprentice:

> Strangely, he also says the cars are too easy to drive now, which I would imagine rules out the assertion that female drivers would find it too difficult.

Surely it could be that they would still find it too difficult?

But I would guess he means the physical effort rather than technical difficulty - an F1 driver can lose 4kg in weight during a race but perhaps it's a marketing thing, if it was advertised as the F1-Plan Diet there may be more takers.
 Indy 20 Apr 2016

Talk about out of context!
Andy Gamisou 20 Apr 2016

It would be nice to arrange an arm wrestling contest between him and Shauna or Alex Puccio, then we'll see.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...