UKC

FS: Spring Clear-out of winter gear

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Major malfunction 20 Apr 2016

Price: £860
Lot Price: £860, but if you wanted all of it I'm sure we could come to some sort of arrangement!

Hi everyone!

Well, I've had a disappointing winter I don't mind telling you! One day out in total and almost zero ice, which wouldn't be a problem except I went and bought a load of shiny new kit which now I could do with freeing up some funds from. I think I'm pretty much done with winter climbing, cave diving seems to take up most of my time now. Some of these items are on eBay already, but really I'd prefer to sell them here, to genuine climbers/gear nuts (delete as appropriate).

All of these items can be posted to mainland UK addresses at no extra charge. Please PM me for details or if you have any questions.

Anyway, here's what I've got for sale:

One pair of Scarpa Rebel Ultra boots, size 43, These have been worn once but could still be considered "new". The Rebel Ultra was developed in collaboration with the legend that is Ueli Steck: they are very light, especially when paired with Dart crampons, and they make a great mixed boot. Warmth-wise they aren't as good as some others I've used but if you move fast, it shouldn't be a problem. Head over to Dane's excellent Cold Thistle blog for an in-depth review which convinced me to drop the coin on these beauties! £320 (rrp is £460!!)

One pair of Gen 2 Nomic ice tools. These things need no introduction, they are the best tools on the market, and the second pair I've had. They have also been used for one day of thrutchy mixed climbing so have a coupe of scratches here and there - nearly new would be appropriate. £250 for the pair (rrp is £420)

One pair of Dart Leverlock crampons with the M linking bar. I bought these to replace my ageing Dart Sidelock crampons, which are now discontinued - these have the traditional rear-mounted lever and should fit most B3 boots with no problems. They are almost custom-made for the latest generation of Scarpa boots though - suction fit! These are not the new-new ones with the grey plastic lever, they are the winter 15/16 ones with the black lever. They are brand new in the box and I think £120 is fair (rrp £160)

Lastly, I have 4 Petzl Laser Speed Light ice screws for sale. These are the super-duper light ones in a very sexy anodised orange finish. They are a little extravagant for my taste but when you weigh almost 90kg (not fat!), you have to save your weight where you can! I have two in the 13cm length and two in the 17cm length. All are brand spanking new with tags and tip covers etc. I'm thinking £40 each for the 13cm ones and £45 each for the 17cm screws.

Tom
Post edited at 13:44
 tehmarks 22 Apr 2016
In reply to Major malfunction:

I could be interested in a couple of the screws, but I'm in the Peak at the minute. I'll email you when I get back, if they're still available.
 chucky 24 Apr 2016

Hi Tom, check your PMs
 pjor 26 Apr 2016

Sent you an email about screws. Did you get it?
Major malfunction 27 Apr 2016
In reply to chucky:

Payment received - many thanks!

Hi everyone - the Nomics are sold now

Tom
In reply to pjor:

Hi,

I'm not sure if I got an email from you - did you enquire about the Darts as well?
In reply to tehmarks:

Hi,

I think we've been in contact - check your emails
 pjor 27 Apr 2016

Mailed you about screws only. Let me know if you didn't get it and i'll try again. Are screws still available?
Major malfunction 29 Apr 2016
In reply to pjor:

Hi, I've not had a message from you I'm afraid. The screws are still available!
 pjor 29 Apr 2016

Have tried again
Major malfunction 02 May 2016

Hi everyone!

The boots are now at £280 and the crampons are at £100. Please PM me if interested!

Tom
Major malfunction 05 May 2016

Hi,

Ice screws now sold - only the crampons and boots remaining!

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...