UKC

Yorkshire 3 Peaks 2016 . Any less busy Saturdays in June ??

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 sbc_10 20 Apr 2016

Hello everybody...... I probably know what the answer is already...... "none" !!

I have been asked to lead a small party of hillwalkers around the 3 peaks sometime in June /July 2016. Somebody has already tipped me off that Saturday 2nd July 2016 is when Marie Curie Cancer launch their attempt and I am led to believe there will a lot of participants.
Does anybody know if the Saturdays preceding this one ( 25th June, 18th, June, 11th June ) has a corporate or nation wide charity attempt scheduled ?

I am trying to decide on the least 'busy' weekend... I appreciate it's all relative.
Many thanks for any knowledge up front.

Sean.

ActionSte 20 Apr 2016
In reply to sbc_10:

Alpine start - 2am is probably the best way to beat the crowds
OP sbc_10 21 Apr 2016
In reply to ActionSte:

Yes, that could be the reality of the situation... mini buses at that time in the morning are never stealthy.....!!
 SenzuBean 21 Apr 2016
In reply to sbc_10:

Just choose 3 other peaks in Yorkshire that look nice and do them as a circular. They won’t know it’s not _the_ 3 peaks unless you tell them.
OP sbc_10 21 Apr 2016
In reply to SenzuBean:

Nice try..... but they are already talking about how good the pint of tea will be in Horton etc...... it needs to be very misty to pull a blag off of that size....
ceri 21 Apr 2016
In reply to sbc_10: A wet Tuesday? I think the reality of the situation is that whichever weekend in June you choose, it will be heaving. Even if not with an organised event, just with people. If you want to go up the busiest hills in Yorkshire, at the most popular time of year, you're just going to have to live with that

johnjohn 21 Apr 2016
In reply to sbc_10:

Stick with 2nd July and go clockwise - start with Ing, finish with PyG - and say 'hi' to everyone you meet...

Alternatively, do it the usual way but set off after a late lunch for a late evening finish, given it'll be light past eleven on the fells. Only downside is that the finishing pint will have to be of beer, not tea.
OP sbc_10 21 Apr 2016
In reply to ceri:

Yep, guilty as charged...."seemed like a good idea at the time......."
OP sbc_10 21 Apr 2016
In reply to johnjohn:

Prefer Alpine start to 'post-hangover' resurrection........

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...