UKC

Classic Annie Leibovitz

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 graeme jackson 21 Apr 2016
In reply to Big Ger:

it's really an excellent photo except for some reason I'm reminded of those 'enhanced' landscapes. HDR I think it's called?
Anyway, nice to see a nice old lady enjoying the company of her grand and great-grand children. happy birthday old girl.
 Yanis Nayu 21 Apr 2016
In reply to Big Ger:

Looks like the queen to me.
Removed User 21 Apr 2016
In reply to Big Ger:

Classic manifestations of inbreeding more like...
 Tom Last 21 Apr 2016
In reply to graeme jackson:

It does a bit doesn't it. Probably just that it's extremely well lit though.
 Chris Harris 21 Apr 2016
In reply to Big Ger:

Must dig out my old Eurythmics CDs..
 galpinos 21 Apr 2016
In reply to graeme jackson:

> it's really an excellent photo

It's a nice family snap, no more imho

> except for some reason I'm reminded of those 'enhanced' landscapes. HDR I think it's called?

Yep, if the "HDR filter" was turned down, it would be much better.
In reply to Big Ger:

"Loving would be easy if your colours were like my dreams : < > , gold and green, < > , gold and green."
 felt 21 Apr 2016
In reply to galpinos:

> It's a nice family snap, no more imho

Yes, in all our snaps with our kids we have no problem replicating the geometrical tableaux of the great Mannerist painters and there's no difficulty whatsoever ensuring that all their feet are lined up just so.

In reality, simply getting two of them to look at the camera at the same time is a real achievement
 JJL 21 Apr 2016
In reply to felt:

Indeed.

And I particularly like the repeating mirrors (what is that effect called) echoing the repeating generations.
 felt 21 Apr 2016
In reply to JJL:

There's a great example of pictures within a picture, showing age's progression, in Cameron Diaz's new book Longevity, which can seen via Amazon's Look Inside facility (p. 3).
 galpinos 22 Apr 2016
In reply to felt:

> Yes, in all our snaps with our kids we have no problem replicating the geometrical tableaux of the great Mannerist painters

Well, I've never "got on" with the Mannerist definition, it always just seem like a catch all and even then, I think you're being somewhat generous in your praise.

> and there's no difficulty whatsoever ensuring that all their feet are lined up just so.

> In reality, simply getting two of them to look at the camera at the same time is a real achievement

I'd agree that that is the achievement!

felt 22 Apr 2016
In reply to galpinos:

> Mannerism

It works for me.

> somewhat generous

Maybe, I'm no expert.

Mark Collins 22 Apr 2016
In reply to Big Ger:

Thanks for sharing. Despite it looking slightly flat, I like the no flash approach and infinite mirror effect that someone has already mentioned.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...