UKC

Kalymnos October

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 chris85 23 Apr 2016
We're thinking about heading to Kalymnos this October, however due to the migrant situation we are not sure that it feels appropriate going on a climbing holiday if the island is in a midst of a humanitarian crisis. We were wandering if anyone has been recently and has any up to date information on the situation there, or general advice from people who have been or are from Greece.

Thanks
 john arran 23 Apr 2016
In reply to chris85:

It would be a shame to add to the woes of the local Greek people by additionally cutting off their tourist income.
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 23 Apr 2016
In reply to chris85:

We have been here for almost six weeks - it has been exceptionally quiet and the 'migrant crisis' was one mooted explantation - that and few direct flights from northern Europe to Kos being the other.

We haven't seen any migrants anywhere on the island, even at the HNCR tents in Pothia where they used to be sorted before moving them to Athens,

Chris
OP chris85 23 Apr 2016
In reply to Chris Craggs:

Thanks for the information Chris, appreciate it!
 Pat-H 24 Apr 2016
In reply to chris85:

I was there for the whole of November, and it was totally fine.

Get out there, the climbing is amazing.

samwillo 24 Apr 2016
In reply to Pat-H:

To slightly hijack the thread, I'm interested in spending a month in Kalymnos next November. Pat-H/Chris how did you get on finding accommodation for a longer stay?

Cheers,
Sam
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 25 Apr 2016
In reply to samwillo:

> To slightly hijack the thread, I'm interested in spending a month in Kalymnos next November. Pat-H/Chris how did you get on finding accommodation for a longer stay?

> Cheers,

> Sam

Easy especially out of season - which is what November is. You should be able to get a decent discount for a month too,

Chris
 samwillo 25 Apr 2016
In reply to Chris Craggs:

Great, I was hoping that would be the case. Do you have any recommendations?
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 25 Apr 2016
In reply to samwillo:

Do a search on here for 'Kalymnos' - loads of places that people recommend,

Chris

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...