UKC

Losing your head/Psyched out moments

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Oogachooga 25 Apr 2016
After boasting to my mate about being able to onsite 95% of 6as, I managed to completely shit myself not long after on a couple. Totally psyched out by the routes, adrenalin pumping, hands shaking, '200m' fall imminent. Hands feeling like they would peel off any moment. Totally irrational fear moments.

Im not very good at telling stories anyway so lets hear yours and how do you deal with them now?
 3leggeddog 25 Apr 2016
In reply to Oogachooga:

Don't boast
abseil 25 Apr 2016
In reply to Oogachooga:

> After boasting to my mate about being able to onsite 95% of 6as..... how do you deal with them now?

A bit off topic: I told my mate I'd recently led a difficult E2 at Avon [which was true], then I failed to lead Pentathol.... to hear him mocking me from below [followed by him lowering me off], and openly doubting my story [not very nice of him I thought].

Regarding "how do you deal with them", I stand there calming myself and usually then abseil off rapidly.
 Pewtle 25 Apr 2016
In reply to Oogachooga:

I tend to swear a lot.

Mainly at the rock for being (seemingly) blank or my rack, depending on the route and what kit I left at the base.
Donald82 25 Apr 2016
In reply to abseil:

> A bit off topic: I told my mate I'd recently led a difficult E2 at Avon [which was true], then I failed to lead Pentathol.... to hear him mocking me from below [followed by him lowering me off], and openly doubting my story [not very nice of him I thought].

I always think people that do a lot of doubting others' stories, tend to be the kind of people that might be prone to a bit of story telling themselves.

No idea if this applies to your pal or not.
abseil 25 Apr 2016
In reply to Donald82:

> I always think people that do a lot of doubting others' stories, tend to be the kind of people that might be prone to a bit of story telling themselves... No idea if this applies to your pal or not.

Thanks a lot for your reply! It's a bit comforting. And it was quite unpleasant being unjustly doubted.

I tended to avoid climbing with that guy after that and no wonder. I suppose trust of climbing partners is important, isn't it?
Post edited at 16:33
Donald82 25 Apr 2016
In reply to abseil:

no probs. and yes, I guess it is. as is just getting on!
 Wsdconst 25 Apr 2016
In reply to Oogachooga:

Been there before, some days your heads not where it should be, I just take a few seconds to close my eyes and breathe so I can clear my head, it definitely helps, don't worry about your mate,he's probably had days like that too.
 zimpara 25 Apr 2016
In reply to Oogachooga:

Whats with the ego... are you competing with me. Lol
Considering that I assume that I can onsight 5b anyday of the week, you arent doing too badly.
With that said, youre a steady 6b+ onsighter so quit being a little bitch.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...