UKC

NEWS: Another Gold for Shauna Coxsey in Japan

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 26 Apr 2016
Shauna Coxsey on her way to another win in Kazo, 3 kbBritain's Shauna Coxsey managed to secure a second win in a row at the IFSC Boulder World Cup in Kazo, Japan at the weekend. Shauna dominated all three rounds, from qualifiers through to finals, where she completed all four problems and appeared in a league of her own, topping two more than any of her fellow finalists.

Read more
 Shani 26 Apr 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Well done Shauna!
 Dandan 26 Apr 2016
In reply to UKC News:
Absolutely awesome to watch, she really was on another level.
The article doesn't mention that she flashed at least two (possibly 3) of the problems too!
Post edited at 12:31
 Martin Davies 26 Apr 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Are highlights available? 4 hours is a long video to watch! Obviously highlights focussing on Team GB...
 Murd 26 Apr 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Do you really have to give away the result in the title of the post...was looking forward to watching it later....
 Dandan 26 Apr 2016
In reply to Murd:

To be fair it did happen two days ago so it's not exactly breaking news. Facebook spoiled the result for me within minutes!
 Murd 26 Apr 2016
In reply to Dandan:
i was away working the weekend...managed NOT to catch the results of two fa cup semi's, all the premiership results, moto 2...moto 3 and moto gp, and the UFC..with a little thought I could have added the bouldering!
Ps...well done Shauna!
Post edited at 15:21
 andrea83 26 Apr 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Amazing! Well done Shauna. Great news.
sanseic 26 Apr 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Good effort, thought it was quite revealing, when she struggled on the slabby problem that everyone else flashed, brits are just rubbish at slabs, the continentals made it look effortless, how do you train for slabs! again top effort.
 stp 26 Apr 2016
In reply to Andy Clarke1965:

I don't think Shauna is rubbish at slabs at all. In the past she's definitely done hard slabs where others have fallen. I suspect its more a case of anyone can mess the odd problem up and this one just happened to be a slab.

It's not like Alex Puccio who consistently has a hard time at the more vertical and slabby problems and admits it is a weakness of hers.
 stp 26 Apr 2016
In reply to UKC News:

I thought Rustam looked pretty dominant too in the finals, and his flash of P4 was a highlight of the comp I thought. After his second place at the CWIF and this, his first Gold for a few years it could be a really good season for him.

Great shame for Martin Stanik, who was 4 mins late for isolation, so was left out of the semi-final. Second unfortunate incident in two comps.
In reply to Andy Clarke1965:

Really, Shauna and other Brits are rubbish at slabs. You need to watch more comps
 Martin Davies 27 Apr 2016
In reply to sanseic:

Great, thanks for those. Jeremy Bonder move at 08:23 :O

These are great highlights, but would there be a market for a proper 30 min show, with some interviews, backstories, highlights of the climbs with commentary, and presentation etc? I'm thinking fronted by Liam Lonsdale or someone... I'd watch it, and I'd pay to stream it online somewhere or have advert breaks etc. I'm thinking similar to ski sunday type things. Is this in the pipeline? There's so much potential for the climbing coverage to be amazing, and obviously more publicity = more sponsorship = more funding for the athletes.
 GrahamD 27 Apr 2016
In reply to Martin Davies:

> These are great highlights, but would there be a market for a proper 30 min show, with some interviews, backstories, highlights of the climbs with commentary, and presentation etc?

I can see the demand but I'm afraid its hard to see a paying market.
 Wise 27 Apr 2016
In reply to GrahamD:

I agree, my kids were really interested in watching it but 4 hours was never going to hold their attention. A 30-40 minute proper highlights would have been perfect. It seems a missed opportunity especially when the hard work of staging the event and filming it has already been done.
Charlie Boscoe 28 Apr 2016
In reply to Martin Davies: This is something I'd like to do in the future and I think it's what we should be aiming for long-term. The current issue is that right now there are only 3 of us at the IFSC to set up, film, commentate, present, edit, direct and stream the coverage so there just isn'the time or manpower to also put together high quality, long - format highlights after each event, especially given the travel schedule for this year. However, we are doing the 3 minute highlights immediately after an event, plus qualifying highlights, and we're also in the process of filming profiles of 7 or 8 of the top athletes and these will be featured on the live coverage in upcoming comps.

Finally, there's going to be a monthly 25 minute highlights round-up of the previous month's action which will (I believe) start in mid - May and continue throughout the season. I don't have the exact location and date for the first one, but I'd be happy to put a forum post on UKC with the details once it comes out.

AsleepOnBelay 29 Apr 2016
Coxsey for BBC Sports Personality of the Year, simples. BMC, your mission now
 liamlonsdale 29 Apr 2016
In reply to Martin Davies:

I would be well up for this. Rad idea. LL
 liamlonsdale 29 Apr 2016
In reply to GrahamD:

I think there are definitely avenues to explore that would support something like this ...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...