UKC

Alpkit Brukit and possible Coffee press attachments

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
bullitbutler 27 Apr 2016
Hi all! Newbie to the site here. Quick intro: New to climbing and will be going up Mt Elbrus later this year... after I have attempted to become the first person to row across the Black Sea on my way!

Anyway, I have the Alpkit Brukit which was a topic on here a couple of years ago. My question is; does anyone know if the pots from other stoves fit the brukit? I have been donated some ground coffee which will be my pick me up in more ways than one while out on my expedition, but the brukit don't do a coffee press, so i need another brand that will fit!

Has anyone tried this or maybe has more than one type of stove to see if they are indeed interchangeable?

Thanks all and I look forward to sharing and reading about others adventures!
 RyanOsborne 27 Apr 2016
In reply to bullitbutler:

Good luck with your plans. Maybe take your brukit down the high street and try to find a cheapo coffee press that you can buy and use the plunger from? I think the jetboil happens to be the size of a cheap coffee press and you can find a plunger quite easy.
 richprideaux 27 Apr 2016

Just buy an Aeropress - light, difficult to kill and makes great coffee. I've tried all sorts of combinations and that worked best for me.
bullitbutler 27 Apr 2016

Both great ideas! Never tried an aeropress before so maybe worth a shot! Will also do some shopping with Brukit in hand!

Thankyou!
 Tall Clare 27 Apr 2016

Aeropress are brilliant - and can I also recommend the Porlex mini hand grinder to go with it?
 Ramblin dave 27 Apr 2016

If you really want to go lightweight, I recently went out on a trip with a guy who had a set of these:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kitchen-Coffee-Filter-Papers-Stick-Size/dp/B004FEZ...

Seem like a fairly neat idea, produce fairly decent coffee and weight next to nothing.
 wilkesley 28 Apr 2016
Just get one of these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/infuser-strainer-stainless-steel-mesh/dp/B002XUAT0...

Only about six quid. Use mine at home and out camping.
Post edited at 10:19

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...