UKC

Acclimatise jackets

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
vlvlo 28 Apr 2016
I've been on a bit of a mission to try to find a UK made (or European made) jacket and wondered if anyone had any experience of Acclimatise.

The link failed, unfortunately, but the jacket is called Osprey.

It took me a good amount of time spent googling before I found it, and a forum search here didn't throw anything up.

Incidentally, my first encounter with this site was in the form of a thread which invited opinions on crap gear, after reading which I concluded that pretty much anything I could buy was, in fact, useless. Which is what made me keep looking.

I'm not linked to the above company in any way, in case someone thinks this is a sly attempt at promotion. It's just that the product looks as if it might be good for what I want - year round use in the British climate (I am never going to be scaling anything vertical or ridiculously high).
Any info would be much appreciated.

Pedro 28 Apr 2016
In reply to vlvlo:

Hi, I've no idea what they are like, but i've just sent for a wind shirt having never heard of them before! Its all your fault! Pedro
vlvlo 29 Apr 2016
In reply to Pedro:

I'd be interested to find out what it's like.
I ordered the Osprey jacket yesterday mid afternoon. The postman tried to deliver it today when I was out, so I won;t know what it's like until I can pick it up tomorrow. But delivery is obviously pretty sharp.

I had an interesting chat with the chap who started the company before I ordered it (it's nice, but pretty unusual to be able to just phone up the owner).

He apparently took the contract to supply Uk police force with his fabrics for their garments from Goretex, so I'm thinking he must have quite a bit going for him.
He also told me one of the scientists on a recent Antarctic expedition took one of his waterproof fleeces down there and voted it second most useful product after the Canada Goose jacket (not that surprising).

I'm a fan of trying to buy things as consciously as possible, and a British made products using British made fabrics, swung it for me. All it needs to do now is live up to my expectations.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...