UKC

Alpkit down jackets

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Si dH 28 Apr 2016

I'm thinking of getting one of the Phantac jackets but can't find any reviews other than Alpkit's own comparison withnthe Filo. Has anyone got one and have an opinion? Similar to the Filo in warmth and hard-wearingness?

Also knowledge of alpkit sizing would be useful as I can't try one on - is it fairly on the money or tend to be small/large?

Thanks
Post edited at 19:23
 paul-jay 28 Apr 2016
In reply to Si dH:

Hi si

ive got a phantac jacket, havent ever had a filo so cant really offer a comparison to it, i bought the the phantac to replace a rab down jacket which had lasted me over 10 years so if i get the same amount of wear out of it i will be very pleased.
The phantac is a very warm jacket around the body but for some reason i find the sleeves cold around the elbow.
The jacket is close fitting, im a 45 inch chest and find the xl snug, certainly couldnt wear it over a waterproof as a belay jacket, i find it great for a camping jacket. Hope this helps
OP Si dH 29 Apr 2016
In reply to paul-jay:

Thanks Paul, how robust does the material feel, and the zips?

Ive been through two rabs in 2-3 years each and been disappointed, hence moving on...they do get quite a bit of abuse.

Thanks
 paul-jay 29 Apr 2016
In reply to Si dH:

The outer material feels similar to Rab jackets ive had in the past, the lining on Rab jackets always feel silky to me the lining on the phantac is similar to this but just not as smooth. The zips are all YKK and feel good quality. To be honest a similar jacket from Rab would cost twice as much, time will tell whether this will last as long. Will be interesting to see how many years use i get.

Ive noticed the price has dropped as well to sub £100 so it seems quite a bargain now.
OP Si dH 30 Apr 2016
In reply to paul-jay:

Cheers, have ordered one, fingers crossed it last well

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...