UKC

kayaking and climb info request

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 olddirtydoggy 30 Apr 2016
Quite an odd request but it's something I really want to do. I recently got into river kayaking with my girlfriend and we are wanting to find a climb that you can only access with a kayak. There's parameters we'd like to restrict the idea to but it might be such a route doesn't actually exist.

Must be inland, not coastal.
Must be within England or Wales.

I can't find anything, are we asking a bit too much? UKC always delivers, thanks in advance.
 Yanis Nayu 30 Apr 2016
In reply to olddirtydoggy:

Something at Lawrencefield?
OP olddirtydoggy 30 Apr 2016
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

Haha! You're quite right but the pool at Lawrencefield is a little bit small for a kayaking adventure. Great venue though, we got a lot of love for Lawrencefield.
 Sl@te Head 30 Apr 2016

The Riparian (E2 5c)
Craig Rhiw Goch

The above route on the river / afon Lledr near Betws y Coed....
 John Kelly 30 Apr 2016

White Water (E2 5c)

maybe
 Andes 30 Apr 2016

Anything in Borrowdale after a week of rain!
 phizz4 30 Apr 2016

I think that you will struggle to find something that can only be accessed by water. My suggestions would be Canyon Rib in the Aberglaslyn Pass, Canyon Rib (S), the crags along the River Wye, Armathwaite, by the River Eden, near Penrith, and Clogwyn y Fulfran (Cormorant Rock) on the north-west shore of Llyn Gwynant.
 petegunn 30 Apr 2016

If you lesson your criteria a little there must be some good river trips were you can stop off for a climb.

The river Eden in Cumbria would be a good day out, get in at Lazonby paddle down river for ~10km, pull out at the sandy bay at Armathwaite do a few climbs then continue down to the exit in Armathwaite itself, which has a couple of pubs, the Fox and Pheasant recommended.

From the river guide.
Grade II to III
Time 2hrs
Length 13km
OP olddirtydoggy 30 Apr 2016

Thanks very much for all the replies so far. It might be that the exact idea of what we're looking for doesn't exist but either way, the stuff thats coming back is all good material. UKC delivers.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...