UKC

Hope she was worth it

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
m0unt41n 05 May 2016
If the person did this was a named driver then I guess that the insurance claim would challenging

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36202174
 TMM 05 May 2016
In reply to m0unt41n:

The way this has been picked up by so many news agencies leaves me feeling that there is a marketing spin somewhere.
I am expecting some desperate company to announce some connection with a 'viral' social meeja campaign.
I hope not, but my inner cynic seems to be tragically fulfilled too often these days.
 elsewhere 05 May 2016
In reply to TMM:
Some reporting is just today's Google logo or what is trending on Twitter, Reddit or even ukc when http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=637611 got in the press.

I suspect that's it but if they are marketing paint removal their sales are about to go through the roof.
m0unt41n 05 May 2016
In reply to m0unt41n:

But if the person doing it was a named driver then is any insurance claim invalid?
I am guessing it would be.
MarkJH 05 May 2016
In reply to m0unt41n:
> But if the person doing it was a named driver then is any insurance claim invalid?

No, but that shouldn't be a problem. If it could be proved that it was done by a named driver, then the owner could just claim directly from them (assuming that they have sufficient assets). If it couldn't be proved, then the insurance would have no excuse not to pay.
Post edited at 15:03
 Big Ger 05 May 2016
In reply to m0unt41n:

How odd "she" didn't spray on the windows or anywhere that would inconvenience the driver.

Very suss.
 gethin_allen 06 May 2016
In reply to m0unt41n:

Best thing you could do with a stupid range rover IMO.
 drgrange 06 May 2016
In reply to TMM:

You were right, it's for a TV show
m0unt41n 06 May 2016
In reply to Big Ger:

I would suspect that they hoped the car would be driven.
Mobile cv
 Trangia 06 May 2016
In reply to drgrange:

> You were right, it's for a TV show

Well I suppose it's unlikely they could have recreated Mrs Bobbitt's revenge now could they?!
 drgrange 06 May 2016
In reply to Trangia:

Not before 9pm
 TMM 06 May 2016
In reply to drgrange:

I was so hoping to be proved wrong.

I hate the level of prurient interest that so many of us that means that even if this were a real story it's not real news.

Some miserable dick stroke social meeja agency will be slapping itself on back having conned a willing media to be a its spokesbitch.

The public get what the public want. Rome and mob. We haven't changed.

Time to unplug the electricity and head for the hills...
 jkarran 06 May 2016
In reply to TMM:

> The way this has been picked up by so many news agencies leaves me feeling that there is a marketing spin somewhere.

My first thoughts on seeing this were 'I like the font' and 'I wonder how they wrote so neatly on the very large, high bonnet'. Guess my instinct was right if it was actually designed.
jk
 Jimbo C 06 May 2016
In reply to m0unt41n:

I was suspicious as soon as I noticed that the 'H' in cheater neatly follows the line of the door panel.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...