UKC

Climbing 5/6/2016 at Frankenjura

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Tiffany L 05 May 2016
FRANKENJURA

Hi, this is a little last minute, but we are two climbers from America that want to climb in Frankenjura tomorrow. We do have all gear except for a rope. Is it bad etiquette to show up and ask to hop in with other climbing groups? OR is anyone here open to meeting up and joining us? Any tips and advice helps. (We both climb in the 5.11s and 5.12s (7+?) so we aren't new to climbing, just missing some gear!)
 Heike 05 May 2016
In reply to Tiffany L:
Hi,
I am quite happy to help others out and climb with all sorts of people prepared I know what I am letting myself in for. However, if this was my longed for weekend after weeks of working hard and I am finally able to go out for a day off climbing with my partner /friend etc and suddenly two people roll up and say, can we climb, I might be a little bit miffed/put out. I don't like to offend people, so I would probably say yes, but a bit more forward planning might help. Can't you just go and buy a rope? If it's two of you that would be perfect anyways, if you try to engage another couple it's four of you and there might not be that much climbing...

So, IMHO, it's not normal etiquette to turn up somewhere and say, "hey , can we climb". If someone would do this to me I would consider it on a one to one of basis seeing that you can meet nice people, but it's not really the done thing. There is a lot of trust in climbing relationships and trust doesn't come that easily. Just my 2ps worth.

Hope you get out climbing.
Post edited at 23:05

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...