UKC

Van camping near Dunkeld/Pitlochery

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 SteveM 05 May 2016
We're planning a day at Dunkeld climbing this weekend, followed by a sportive out of Pitlochry. Does anyone have recommendations for discrete spots to park up a small van and get some kip overnight please?

Cheers
Steve M
 Greenman28 05 May 2016
There are a few spots on Moulin Moor out of Pitlochry towards Enochdhu. The largest of which is just before you start going downhill, on the right hand side opposite a forestry track. About 10-15 mins from Pitlochry.
 the power 06 May 2016
In reply to SteveM:

Visitors centre/ tourist centre car park in Pitlochry is where the motorhome lot kip overnight
 Phil1919 06 May 2016
In reply to SteveM:

As you go across the bridge into Dunkeld there is a car park on the right by the river. Seems ok as long as you don't overdo it. Nice spot. Toilets in village about 5 minutes away.
 Robert Durran 06 May 2016
In reply to SteveM:

I'd have thought you would be OK at the Cave Crag carpark. Nice secluded spot. Not sure if it is officially allowed though.
 Fraser 06 May 2016
In reply to Phil1919:

Pretty sure that one is owned by the pub (The Tay Bank?) right across the road so I don't think they'd take kindly to overnight parking!
 Liam42 06 May 2016
In reply to SteveM:

Allean carpark on the B8019...just along from the Queens view visitor centre...I've parked up there a few times...it's real quite and there's a toilet block open 24/7
 Phil1919 06 May 2016
In reply to Fraser:

No. Across bridge, turn right, a bit down on the right, next to river, woods on other side of road. I've used it twice, in a camper van. I'm sure it was Dunkeld........!?
 Fraser 06 May 2016
In reply to Phil1919:
Just google-mapped it and I see there's one right next door, which looks bigger than the one I was talking about. Good to know.

Edit: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Dunkeld,+Perth+and+Kinross/@56.5649143,...
Post edited at 12:25
 Andy Say 06 May 2016
In reply to SteveM:

'Discreet'.

Someone had to
OP SteveM 06 May 2016
In reply to SteveM:

Thanks folks
 tony 06 May 2016
In reply to SteveM:

I would have thought the Cally car park would be okay overnight - as you're driving back into Dunkeld from the crag, turn left onto the road signposted to Blairgowrie. 200 metres or so up the hill there's a turn to the left up a bumpy track. Turn left at the top at a junction and the car park is a further 100 metres or so.
 Fraser 06 May 2016
In reply to tony:

AKA 'Cave Crag car park' in RD's post at 9:44
 Phil1919 12 May 2016
In reply to Fraser:

Thats the one.
 Siward 12 May 2016
In reply to Fraser:

Always worth ingratiating oneself with pub landlords. An overnight stay in their car park in exchange for you buying 8 pints sometimes does the trick
 BrendanO 15 May 2016
In reply to Siward:

Bit of an old-skool start to yer sportive, sweating out those 8 pints on a bike next morning

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...