UKC

Unrepeated slate routes?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Sl@te Head 09 May 2016
Having seen the 'dnf / dogged routes' thread I had a quick look at some of my own bolted routes in the slate quarries. The following routes have not had any successful logged repeats on the UKC logbooks, out of personal interest has anyone successfully repeated any of the following?

Glasgow Kiss (7c)

Toe be or not Toe be... (7b)

Diagonal Dilemma (7b)

Ziplock (7b)

Dark Side of the Moon (7b)

Pulverised (7b)

If anyone has I would be curious to find out if the grade I gave them was accurate (I was never good at grading!)
OP Sl@te Head 14 May 2016
In reply to Sl@te Head:

JuDark Side of the Moon (7b)

Just heard that this got repeated today with the grade confirmed as 7b, probably the 2nd ascent...
 Red Rover 15 May 2016
In reply to Sl@te Head:

Did anyone ever repeat those routes on the big face in the lost world? I think theyre called northwest face of the druid, and a small rusty nail on a large mantleshelf. I've always thought that wall must be one of the most adventurous in wales, and the routes dont have any ticks on UKC. I'm not sure how much of those routes are still there after the two massive rockfalls in the lost world.
 Mark Reeves Global Crag Moderator 19 May 2016
In reply to Red Rover:

Not sure they were repeated, Idid another one there The Coolidge Effect or something. Although they have now fallen down along with part of the second pitch of another Mordor Classic Tick Groove, probably within weeks of it being climbed as well!
 BAdhoc 19 May 2016
In reply to Sl@te Head:
You're correct! I belayed my boyfriend on the repeat of dark side of the moon last week, fine looking route!

Edit:
He also did Ziplock last year, "soft 7b but hard to onsight" was the verdict.

Post edited at 19:57

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...