UKC

FREE Opportunities: Learn to lead on multi-pitch routes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 g2 11 May 2016
FREE Opportunities during August 2016:

I am preparing for my MIA (Mountain Instructors Award) assessment, and I am looking for people (preferably pairs) to provide free tuition to, in final preparation for it.

I am particularly interested to hear from people wanting to make their first steps in leading in a multi-pitch traditional environment. This would suit climbers who have lead indoors and now want to gain an understanding of placing wires, reading routes and building bombproof belays.

As a teacher I am free throughout the whole of August, mid - week and weekends. If you would like to take up this opportunity please email me giving a brief outline of your previous experience and what you'd like to learn, as well as a contact number so we can have a chat and we'll go from there.

Car sharing from Wrexham in to North Wales is available.

PLEASE NOTE:

MIA Trainee
- As an MIA trainee I do not, as yet, hold the Mountain Instructor Award which is the recognised qualification for the instruction of scrambling and multi-pitch rock climbing in the UK. I've undergone the training course, but training for an award does not constitute a qualification. The term aspirant should not be used as a level of competency for multi-pitch climbing has not been assessed.

Insurance
- I do not hold insurance that allows me to receive payment or benefits in kind for instruction, but as a volunteer with membership of a mountaineering council of the UK or Eire I am insured for third part liability. These topics will need to be discussed in detail and agreed before an activity is conducted.

Many Thanks

Garreth

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...