UKC

large print photos

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Matadoors 11 May 2016
hi, has anyone printed mountain or climbing photos by using any of the services you can obtain online? i am keen to obtain a large print photo (or 2) on canvas. is it possible to download photos submitted to the ukc website for this purpose? i also seem to remember someone selling them on here, for charity but could be wrong. any help / advice appreciated.
cap'nChino 11 May 2016
In reply to Matadoors:

I was recommended these guys by someone on here. I have used them several times over the years and canno fault them. Don't be fooled by their 80% offer, once it ends another one will come on. They do bespoke sizes too which is handy.
https://orbitprint.com
cap'nChino 11 May 2016
In reply to Matadoors:

Not sure on the morals of downloading direct from UKC, some users might not appreciate their photos being used with out consent. I don't think the resolution is big enough to print much bigger than an A4 sheet in anycase as UKC limit file sizes to a few Kb.
 Rob Exile Ward 11 May 2016
In reply to Matadoors:

Photos on UKC are copyright, so you should contact the owners before doing downloading them - and if they agree I imagine they will be happy to supply high enough resolution copies of the images (if they exist) for you to use any of he commercial services, such as Photobox, to produce large prints.
OP Matadoors 11 May 2016
In reply to Matadoors:

great - thanks for all the info.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...