UKC

One off disaster jeopardy type programme circa 2004

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 bleddynmawr 11 May 2016
Does anyone remember a one off programme in which a 4 person panel were given a scenario, the hijacking of a jet plane, and then asked to decide on what action to take. They had advice from experts but had a ticking clock and were put under pressure. They had to make 4 decisions during the hour. They got every decision wrong and the "consequence" was the flooding of London tube and the deaths of thousands.
What was interesting was that before the programme it was billed as the first of 4 shows each with a different scenario. After the first programme went out no more were shown and there was no announcement about the others being stopped, just nothing. I've always wondered if they were pulled because either too many people got spooked or that the programme gave away too much of what the security services would do. Anyone else remember it. C4 I think.
 Dauphin 11 May 2016
In reply to bleddynmawr:
Yeah, I think so. First and only one was a hijacking or ATC created disaster over London?

Oddly enough I was thinking about it recently vis a vis the disaster / terrorism entertainment industry. Which today seems to be yuuuuggggggggggggeee!

D
Post edited at 14:38
 Postmanpat 11 May 2016
In reply to bleddynmawr:
I've always wondered if they were pulled because either too many people got spooked or that the programme gave away too much of what the security services would do. Anyone else remember it. C4 I think.
>
Maybe because the hijacker shouted "allahu akbar" at the beginning and that was deemed offensive?

James_Kendal 11 May 2016
In reply to bleddynmawr:

Probably "Crisis Command", which was on BBC in 2004. The IMDB link on the wiki page suggests a pilot episode aired in February and the other three in September.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crisis_Command
 Dauphin 12 May 2016
In reply to bleddynmawr:

Wiki says Charles Shoebridge had trouble from the old bill in regard to his media work. Maybe you are right about it being pulled because it was too realistic for security types.

D
 Big Ger 12 May 2016
In reply to bleddynmawr:

I have to ask, why post this in this forum?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...