UKC

George Zimmerman selling his gun that killed Trayvon Martin

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Denni 12 May 2016
Can't believe A he is selling it and B, the way he has listed it a piece of American history.
The man has absolutely no morals what so ever.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=558112068
In reply to Denni:

'Prospective bidders, I am honored and humbled to announce the sale of an American Firearm Icon.'

Pretty sick and disgusting really.
 Dauphin 12 May 2016
In reply to Denni:

Nothing like stoking the glowing embers of a race riot. Not going to end well. I won't be sorry when it does.

D

Trevers 12 May 2016
In reply to Denni:

What a piece of shit
 wintertree 12 May 2016
In reply to Denni:

When Zimmerman was first discussed on here, I was told in no uncertain terms by a regular that my stated opinion of him was baseless and jumping to conclusions, especially given his not-guilty verdict.

I'm rather unhappy to read his disgusting little diatribe in the linked item's description, and it's not causing me to revise my earlier opinion of Zimmerman as a racist, jumped up little gobshite.

Edit: googling his exploits since the shooting reveals a bit of a pattern. Genuinely surprised he's only been shot and not shot dead so far.
Post edited at 11:23
 Sir Chasm 12 May 2016
In reply to Dauphin:

Or, instead of hoping for more violence, everyone could ignore it. It's hardly a unique piece anyway, there must be loads of guns in the US that have been used to kill black people.
 Dauphin 12 May 2016
In reply to Sir Chasm:

He walked free from murdering a black child and then puts up the murder weapon for auction. Hubris, stupidity, just walked out of Trump rally and had a brain wave, he deserves everything that's coming to him.

D

Dave Garnett 12 May 2016
In reply to Denni:

I caught the report of this on the radio this morning. I was busy doing something else but when what I thought I'd heard sank in I was convinced I must have misheard.

I've heard some pretty appalling things recently but this is unbelievable.
 SenzuBean 12 May 2016
In reply to Denni:

> Can't believe A he is selling it and B, the way he has listed it a piece of American history.

> The man has absolutely no morals what so ever.

I saw the headline (but didn't read the article) and was hoping it was clickbait (designed to enrage) and that he was raising money for Trayvon's family... but no, he's just a f(*&£ng c(*tface bastard.
 Dave Garnett 12 May 2016
In reply to SenzuBean:

> I saw the headline (but didn't read the article) and was hoping it was clickbait (designed to enrage) and that he was raising money for Trayvon's family... but no, he's just a f(*&£ng c(*tface bastard.

No, actually he's doing it partly to raise money to fight "Hillary Clinton's anti-firearm rhetoric".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-36273488

Even this is probably a cynical way of driving up the bids, since he doesn't say how much of the money he'll donate.

What a charmer.
 Roadrunner5 12 May 2016
In reply to Dauphin:

> He walked free from murdering a black child and then puts up the murder weapon for auction. Hubris, stupidity, just walked out of Trump rally and had a brain wave, he deserves everything that's coming to him.

> D

Well he didn't murder him.. Otherwise I agree stupid, but disagree he deserves violence or murder, which may well becoming to him.
 Dauphin 12 May 2016
In reply to Roadrunner5:

I think flogging the weapon tells us what was going through his mind at the time of killing and his lack of contrition since. You'd have to be profoundly autistic flaunt this in the face of Trayvon's family and not expect wider opprobrium.

Murder.

D
 Roadrunner5 12 May 2016
In reply to Dauphin:
I agree, I think he's an awful person.

But it just was not murder, you can point your anger at stand your ground laws, under such it's very hard to convict someone of murder in such circumstances..

Do I think it should have been a murder conviction? Possibly.. But it wasn't.

I was teaching in an elenentary school yesterday where the 'education enforcement officer' was openly carrying.. This is one f*cked up country but because it's so different we can't always judge from a UK perspective.
 rallymania 12 May 2016
In reply to Roadrunner5:

maybe it wasn't legally murder, but morally I'd disagree.

if Zimmerman hadn't started and then escalated the confrontation, then there would have been no need for him defend himself.
Lusk 12 May 2016
In reply to Denni:

This has to be contender for auction trashing, time to get all those ridiculous multi-million dollar bids in.
KevinD 12 May 2016
In reply to Roadrunner5:

> I was teaching in an elenentary school yesterday where the 'education enforcement officer' was openly carrying..

guess that is one way to make the kids learn. Better not mention it near one of the academy owners.

Roadrunner5 12 May 2016
In reply to rallymania:

> maybe it wasn't legally murder, but morally I'd disagree.

> if Zimmerman hadn't started and then escalated the confrontation, then there would have been no need for him defend himself.

Oh I agree totally, it seemed that even if there was a scuffle that Zimmerman was the instigator., but again that's the U.S.

It's why the public often carry so they can step in when they think they need to and why so many die from mistakes.. Yes the odd time it works but normally not.

An off duty officer in MA killed a guy shooting in a mall, it's just gold dust to the NRA.. Yet they ignore the 3 year old shooting his mum..
 cander 12 May 2016
In reply to Denni:

Dangerous thing selling guns ... your purchaser might shoot you with it ....just saying like.
 thedatastream 12 May 2016
In reply to Denni:

go 'MURICA!
 EddInaBox 12 May 2016
In reply to Denni:

It seems like the auction has been taken down now.
In reply to Roadrunner5:

> But it just was not murder, you can point your anger at stand your ground laws, under such it's very hard to convict someone of murder in such circumstances..

Under US law, maybe not murder. Most other places, yes, you'd probably get a conviction for murder. So, yes, we do judge it from a UK perspective. Or at least I do, because I'm in the UK.
 Roadrunner5 12 May 2016
In reply to captain paranoia:
> Under US law, maybe not murder. Most other places, yes, you'd probably get a conviction for murder. So, yes, we do judge it from a UK perspective. Or at least I do, because I'm in the UK.

Well you don't know for sure on that either.

Some shoot people dead and don't get murder, they'd just face a higher charge than in the US under stand your . Zimmerman had been punched so it's very possible it would have been a lesser charge. Do you actually know anything about the case? To clearly decide it was murder.

Also this WAS in the US, you can say "well if it was in England ", well a) he probably wouldn't be armed, b) he wouldn't be holding a gun knowing he can legally kill someone under Stand your ground law and c) it's almost certain there would be no risk TM was armed in the UK. You are ingeniously replaying history under different laws and environments and judging it.

As is often said by you and many others, we weren't in the court, we don't know the full facts. The extent of the scuffle and who actually initiated it isn't known. We know GZ was armed, had already decided TM was up to no good and was following him, about to approach Him.

The rest is pretty unknown.

Remember the shooting by the police officer in St Louis? An eye witness saw him shoot the guy in the back, only after a long investigation was it shown the eye witness had lied and the gun had been fired during a struggle in the car.

What's reported in the popular press isn't always the correct version.

With GZ nobody really knows. I think he probably did, but I don't know for sure. Only GZ and TM know what exactly happened and only GZ is around to tell the story.
Post edited at 18:29
 Mr Lopez 12 May 2016
In reply to EddInaBox:

> It seems like the auction has been taken down now.

I'll leave this here for future reference http://web.archive.org/web/20160512133239/http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/...
In reply to Mr Lopez:

Glad to see that his disgusting auction was trolled. And I am privately hoping it was a Brit judging by the user name (Boaty McBoatface anyone?)

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/may/13/george-zimmerman-gun-online-...
 Ridge 13 May 2016
In reply to Mr Lopez:
That has to be the cheapest, crappest handgun I've ever seen. Anybody wanting one of those is obviously a deranged lunatic who just wants a cheap way of shooting people at very close range.
Post edited at 19:57
 Dave Garnett 13 May 2016
In reply to Ridge:

> That has to be the cheapest, crappest handgun I've ever seen. Anybody wanting one of those is obviously a deranged lunatic who just wants a cheap way of shooting people at very close range.

Black people at very close range, preferably.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...