UKC

Fox River socks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Flinticus 12 May 2016
Hi

All my pairs of Fox River socks are coming to the end of their life. Anyone know of any UK dealers / websites selling these?

I've tried Amazon and eBay: no good (US sellers, ££ postage, sprase product info / confusing sizing etc.).

Ta
 Billhook 12 May 2016
In reply to Flinticus:

No one wants to buy second hand socks. Recycle them!
 TobyA 12 May 2016
In reply to Flinticus:

How long have you had them? I got given some as a sample when I worked in a gear shop in the mid 90s, they are still ok now despite huge amounts of use. What the hell do they make them out of?! Also looked them up and found the company website but didn't look for sales.
OP Flinticus 12 May 2016
In reply to Dave Perry:

I see how you got that! Posting on UKC is like giving a child a name.
OP Flinticus 12 May 2016
In reply to TobyA:

Don't know but I've emailed the company to see if their online store will ship to the UK. I imagine the ingredients are a secret. Whatever, they are the best socks I've found for blister free walking.

ben b 12 May 2016
In reply to TobyA:

A worn out pair of Fox River socks? No way. Made of plutonium they have a half life of about a hundred thousand years. I recently threw out a pair from 1993 as they had gone a bit baggy but never wore out.

Mrs B was delighted to get a pair in REI Denver last year as she knows she'll be good for the next decade or so....

cheers

b
 TobyA 12 May 2016
In reply to ben b:

> A worn out pair of Fox River socks? No way. Made of plutonium they have a half life of about a hundred thousand years. I recently threw out a pair from 1993 as they had gone a bit baggy but never wore out.

Hah! Funny that other people remember them and have found the same. It is quite ridiculous how well mine have lasted. The elastic in them is still fine as well. Plutonium coated in diamond dust obviously.

BTW to the OP, a very quick google and it looks like you can buy some models from UK ebay.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...