UKC

Best pub with rooms, Dumfries to Hamilton

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mark catcher 12 May 2016
Looking for a good stopover for a Friday night on the way north, roughly between Dumfries and Hamilton area ie. off M74 - either a nice pub with rooms or a b&b near a good eating place as we'll be arriving late. Any ideas locals? Cheers.
 Mike-W-99 12 May 2016
In reply to mark catcher:

May be of use.. I've camped at the Kenbridge Hotel but they also have rooms. Good food & beer.
May not be quite on your route too.
OP mark catcher 12 May 2016
In reply to Mike-W-99: thanks, will check that out.

BrendanO 15 May 2016

Moffat has a fair selection of pub hotels, and lots of B&Bs too. Can't speak for accomm, but we often stop for lunch at the Balmoral, fairly cheap food, busy pub with rooms. There's an antique shop with a BRILLIANT toy museum upstairs too (lots of 1970s-80s sci-fi), and a bloke sith a fullsize replica Spitfire in his garden too. And a brill sweetie shop. A mile off M74.
OP mark catcher 15 May 2016
In reply to BrendanO: Thanks Brendan, looks very promising.

hpil 21 May 2016

+1 for moffat - stayed once upon a time in the Black Bull. The spitfire is up a cul-de-sac on the left as you drive in from the south, just before the petrol station.
Or if you're prepared to go a bit further off-route, via edinburgh, an definite +1 for the Gordon Arms in West Linton - but then i live 1 min walk from it so i'm biased!
Jim C 22 May 2016
In reply to BrendanO:

There's an antique shop with a BRILLIANT toy museum upstairs too (lots of 1970s-80s sci-fi), and a bloke sith a fullsize replica Spitfire in his garden too.

You know you are getting old when the toys kids played with , a decade ahead of you , are now in a museum .

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...