UKC

Same Day Passport service, documents needed?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 owlart 13 May 2016
Can anyone confirm my understanding of the UK Passport renewal form? I have an appointment in London on Tuesday to renew my recently expired passport. As far as I can tell from the booklet accompanying the form, as I'm renewing an existing (although expired earlier this year) passport I only need to take the form, photos and old passport, I don't need any other supporting documents. All my previous details on the passport are unchanged, although I've moved house in the last 10 years.
Thanks in advance (might not be able to reply to folks too quickly, at work)
 mrphilipoldham 13 May 2016
In reply to owlart:

House change won't matter, there's no address details associated with your passport.
 ActionSte 13 May 2016
In reply to owlart:

From what i gathered recently, you may need a counter signature if you cant be recognized from your old passport photo, however if you are blessed with youthful good looks like myself it wont be needed. As far as the check and send document list goes, the form, old passport and photos where all i needed
 Indy 13 May 2016
In reply to owlart:

I suspect if your white and your name is Smith, Brown, Jones or some such and you're an accountant from Surbiton then thumbs up! If your name is Onwuatueguwe or Anikulapo-Kutiuwonga or similar and your a mobilephone salesman from Birmingham then lets be honest.... your F*CKED!
 Big Ger 13 May 2016
In reply to Indy:

> I suspect if your white and your name is Smith, Brown, Jones or some such and you're an accountant from Surbiton then thumbs up! If your name is Onwuatueguwe or Anikulapo-Kutiuwonga or similar and your a mobilephone salesman from Birmingham then lets be honest.... your F*CKED!

Obsessive much? This isn't a political thread, why attempt to make it so?
 Indy 14 May 2016
In reply to Big Ger:

> This isn't a political thread, why attempt to make it so?

Unclench your buttocks and get over yourself FFS.
 Slarti B 16 May 2016
In reply to owlart:

I renewed my old passport 2 weeks ago ( using the same day service) and needed just my old passport and current photos. As ActionSte says, you may need counter signatory if you cant be recognized from old passport but that wasn't a problem in may case; even though I am 10 years older they didn't seem to check too closely!

I must say, I was surprised how easy it was.
 Dauphin 16 May 2016
In reply to owlart:

Go later in the afternoon after the crowds have gone home if you can. They seem to be more relaxed and helpful.

D
OP owlart 16 May 2016
In reply to owlart:

Thanks folks, I've had my photo countersigned anyway, just as belt-and-braces. I don't have much choice about when I go, I either got the 0745 appointment tomorrow or nothing! Good to hear others saying you don't need supporting documents, as I thought. And I am white (well, slightly red after the weekend!) but my name isn't Smith, Brown or Jones!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...